11+ waitinglist movement this week?

4 posts
Bluejeans99
Options:
Share this post on:

11+ waitinglist movement this week?

Postby Bluejeans99 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:22 pm

So, I really am in (nearly) the 11th hour - we have an offer for our third choice school (grateful) but time is running out - I am trying to work out if our waitlist offer will materialise - are those coming through for other families (my preferred school is playing their cards close to their chest and won't say where I am on the waitlist so I don't know if it is worth holding out for)  I feel I am in a bit of a juggling game - I think we will happily accept the offer we have and then if a waitlist offer comes up will have to think about if we take the £ hit - has anyone else seen much waitlist movement this week - I wonder if others are in the same situation and holding out?
coffeeclub
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: 11+ waitinglist movement this week?

Postby coffeeclub » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 am

Hi Bluejeans99, I hope you might have heard something already from the school that you were on the waitlist for, as it would seem that the start of this week was largely the deadline for those with the initial offers to accept their place or not.

We heard back from one of the schools that we were on the waitlist for this week. Such a stressful time for parents and children, with you really wanting to make the right decision even though a lot of it is out of your control. Vey glad this is the last time we have to go through this as not sure my blood pressure can take anymore!

Good luck! 
noles1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby noles1 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:48 am

We were in a similar position last year; paid the deposit in our second choice and got our first choice within a week which we went with taking the deposit hit. We only did this having discussed it with our child. A child in her class held onto 2 offers until the summer, went to the getting to know you day etc . for the school but then didn’t turn up. So there is some movement after deposits are paid. Odd the school won’t even tell you if you are top, middle or bottom of the list. So I’d say see what your child wants, how do they feel about the uncertainty? The loss of the deposit is frustrating but look at it spread over all the years they might be at the preferred school.
Mememe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mememe » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:39 am

Take the place. Depending on which schools, some have no movement. Msg me if u like, then I can be more specific. 8ve seen many go thru this locally

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.