Local intel for the streets Between the Commons (BTC)

4 posts
ladydanger
Options:
Share this post on:

Local intel for the streets Between the Commons (BTC)

Postby ladydanger » Fri May 03, 2024 12:43 am

Hi everyone

Looking for some local views on the streets Between the Commons. I know a lot of this might be personal preference / bias which is totally fine but to a newcomer all the streets seem similar.  I wonder if there are any views as to better streets, which ones have slightly bigger footprints or larger gardens, the ones which are quieter than others etc

I'd love any views on 
- any of the streets off Northcote Road and how they compare
- the pocket that runs parallel to Northcote Rd (eg Alfriston, Muncaster, Culmstock etc)
- the streets between Broomwood and Nightingale Lane

pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Local intel for the streets Between the Commons (BTC)

Postby pie81 » Sat May 04, 2024 1:53 pm

Have a chat with some local agents- John Thorogood and Rampton Baseley are probably the best on local knowledge

In general streets between Thurleigh and Nightingale have larger houses.  The streets the northcote side of Thurleigh look more similar in size (other than the few double fronted houses which are obviously bigger) but there are subtle differences.  For example the “villa style” semi detached houses on Salcott and the Edwardian houses on Canford and Roseneath have a square footprint rather than long, which means wider but perhaps less upstairs space. There are a few wider houses on Montholme and the houses on Ballingdon are a little bigger overall.  A few longer gardens on Montholme. Some roads are busier than others (Wroughton, Broomwood have more cars but have bigger houses too). Needless to say you pay extra for any plus points…. 
ellsbells
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ellsbells » Tue May 07, 2024 8:23 am

I think the roads between Wakehurst and Thurleigh that run east to west all seem nice and quiet and have relatively reasonable garden space. Prefer the east ends towards Clapham Common. Wroughton is a bad traffic cut through and Broomwood is a busy road so I’d avoid those.

There was a house for sale on Roseneath last year with a massive garden. Some beautiful houses on Thurleigh/Sudbrooke with big gardens but much more pricey than the ‘regular’ Victorians in the area of course
pinkhorse
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pinkhorse » Tue May 07, 2024 2:28 pm

I've lived on Wakehurst and Kelmscott and have friends in most of the other streets BTC and here are my observations.
Wakehurst Road houses are slightly wider than Kelmscott. 
Kelmscott is quite narrow compared to the rest.
Kelmscott has lovely Christmas lights ;)
Wakehurst between Northcote and Grandison always has a lot more traffic because of cars making their way to the A205. 
Belleville is wider but is shorter, meaning the second reception is much smaller. 
All of the garden spaces BTC are small in my opinion but there are pockets that have longer gardens such as Honeywell between Northcote and Webbs before the school.
Aside from Wroughton, Montholme is also a major thoroughfare. If you choose amongst those streets, Devereaux and Gayville are quieter.
Mobile signal is crap overall but is especially non-existent near Winsham Grove/Alfriston/Culmstock.

I say all this but I believe in the end, it doesn't really matter. Most of the homes BTC are Victorian or Edwardian so they're all similar to each other and one meter less in width or length won't make a big difference.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.