Know any great wedding dress shops?

4 posts
amybelle79
Options:
Share this post on:

Know any great wedding dress shops?

Postby amybelle79 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:48 am

Hi All,

My bestie is newly engaged and as 'old maid of honour' I am lining up some frock shops to start looking for the Big White Dress.

Ideally we want to go to a shop or two in south/ central london that have dresses from a variety of designers, so she can try lots of different styles all in one place

So, do you have any recommendations?
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Know any great wedding dress shops?

Postby supergirl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Try Liberty or Selfridges (simetimes they offer you a glass of bubbly so makes the whole exp much more fun ;) )
mrs_pavlova
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrs_pavlova » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm

I chose mine from Pronovias (near Oxford Street) and the experience was great fun. Good range of prices from reasonable to bonkers. Plus a guaranteed glass of champagne - yippee!

http://www.pronovias.co.uk/

Have a fantastic time!
peasepudding
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby peasepudding » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm

I went to House of Fraser in Oxford Street and I thought the service there was amazing. The woman even knew of my venue (a fairly large church) and was advising me on style based on the interior of that!

More recently my best friend went to Berketex in Richmond and we had really great service there and another friend went to The Wedding Dress Shop near Wimbledon Park and told me she'd found exactly what she needed. Both happy that dresses they'd got were within their budgets.

On the flip side of that, Silhouette in Richmond (I think next door to Berketex or thereabouts) didn't have great service and was so tiny inside it was impossible to try dresses on properly and I got my bridesmaids dresses from Romantic Fashion Design Gallery and they completely screwed up the alterations. When I complained about it (they actually chopped off too much of one dress!) they told me that it wasn't their fault because we're all human and make mistakes.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.