Best buggy for dog walking??

4 posts
kozmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Best buggy for dog walking??

Postby kozmum » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:12 am

Sorry for yet another buggy question! I'm a clueless first time mum-to-be... so any advice is much appreciated ;)

Can anyone recommend a good buggy for dog walking? We live in a small flat...so ideally something lightweight & compact when folded. But it needs to be able to handle grass and bumpy footpaths/gravel in the commons.

John Lewis recommended the icandy cherry, baby jogger city mini and bugaboo cameleon. Has anyone with dogs had a good experience with any of these? Or other makes/models?

Thank u!
jess123
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Best buggy for dog walking??

Postby jess123 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:32 pm

I walk with a Phil and Teds, easy to wheel with two kids in it, 1 handed whilst holding the lead with the other. A single push handle is best for dog walking really. Not ideal for lightweight though.
clio
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby clio » Tue May 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Without a question of a doubt (and we have had a phil and teds) it is the in step single nipper. Lightweight and well worth every penny.
mum2mummarket
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mum2mummarket » Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Mountain buggy.
Def not a Bugaboo Cameleon- I have one of those too but it's the mountain buggy everytime for dog walking. Nothing else copes with mud or sand in my experience. I have walked 10 miles on soft sand with a MB and it was a breeze. The Bugaboo marketing would have you believe it is all terrain..... it isn't. Great for other things though
Do you have any space for one of those little bike sheds outside the front of your property? It's been great for us- keeps the muddy buggy out of the house and I have my 'clean buggy' for toddler groups and stuff!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.