Hill House School

2 posts
topmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Hill House School

Postby topmama » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:23 pm

I am considering this school for my children, has anyone got any first hand experience?
:)
catboo1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Hill House School

Postby catboo1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I too was considering Hill House. However not anymore since witnessing what I thought was an awful way of handling children by a head teacher there.
I was playing with my son at St. Lukes park, where the Hill House children play..
The teacher started shouting at one particular child, a boy was trying to climb on the boulders which are situated in the area where they play. She called him over and shouted at him so loudly, I could hear clearly from accross the way. 'DO YOU HAVE A BRAIN?' These children were reception children, so aged around 4. He didn't reply and she went on to shout the same question 5 times in a row until he cried. I was so shocked I went over and asked if this was, in her opinion, apprpriate behaviour towards a child so young and clearly just playing. She snapped that in the first 2 weeks the children need to be kept in line! I took her name and phoned and complained to the school who told me this woman was head of the department! I have two friends who's children are at HIll House and one of them says she's very upset with the lack of interest in her son's progress and the mother feels some of the staff there are very inexperienced. I was considering the school myself and this incident in the playground definitely put me off. Another friend who recently went to an open day said there was zero interest in impressing the parents and they were semi ignored!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.