Best stretch mark cream?

23 posts
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Best stretch mark cream?

Postby SabineMum » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Hello,

I wonder if any of you lovely ladies could recommend a miracle stretch mark cream to use during pregnancy? I've tried This Works and Mamma Mio, but am looking for something better both texture-wise and in terms of effectiveness.

Many thanks! ;)
Mama
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Best stretch mark cream?

Postby Mama » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Hello!

I have used the clarins oil and i swear by it. I do not have a single one! Also bear in mind it is affected by genetics, so if all women in your family have lots, you may end up with some no matter what.

Good luck!!!
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Clarins stretch mark cream. For me, just the best! (But i only swear by clarins products so i might be biaised 8-) )
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SabineMum » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Thank you! Sounds like one to try. No stretch marks in my family but I did get a couple of small ones in the last week of my previous pregnancy. :cry:
jo jo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jo jo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Bio oil - swear by it!!

AbbevilleMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AbbevilleMummy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:31 pm

A leading dermatologist told me that its genetic.

You either get them or you don't.

And all the creams just make your skin feel softer and smell nice but have no impact whatsoever on whether or not you get stretch marks.
saty
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby saty » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm

I used Bio Oil twice a day almost every day during my pregnancy and didn't get a single stretch mark. I do, however have a few in the usual places (boobs, hips etc) from general growing up, which I would have thought would have been a more gradual and overall less extensive stretching process, so I do like to think it worked!
JDMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JDMummy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Definitely bio oil works for me. Left no stretch marks after the first pregnancy. Started using it with my second. Even soothed my c-section scar from the first birth after two years! I plan to carry on using it for longer period of time after given birth to our second this time round.
Good luck!
Tealover
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Tealover » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 pm

I used Clarins oil throughout and got stretch marks. I agree with previous poster....genetics.

coolmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby coolmum » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:33 am

I don't even think it is genetics. None of my family got them and I use bio oil, mama mio and Clarins. Still got covered.
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SabineMum » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:10 am

I use Bio Oil every day as a general moisturiser as I have drier and drier skin, so I need something a little 'thicker' for stretch marks.
sarahc_400
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sarahc_400 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:09 pm

hi

I can recommend a product post pregnancy for stretch marks. It's not a cream but a cutting-edge handheld body spa gadget which firms and tightens your skin.

It improves the appearance of stretch marks, reduces the appearance of fat, cellulite and varicose veins and smoothes and tones the skin.

It works by combining gentle vibrations from a galvanic current with science-based anti-aging skincare products, which penetrate deep into the skin giving remarkable results.

If you would like any more information on the body spa, to see some before and after pictures or a free demo of the body spa, please get in touch.

Sarah Cox
Anti-ageing/Skincare Adviser
07930 636988
singingmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby singingmum » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Bio Oil and even improves existing scars/stretch marks.

t_w_i_n
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby t_w_i_n » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:51 pm

I used cheap, Palmers Cocoa Butter stretch mark lotion everyday during pregnancy and for a wee while after the birth of my twins and don't have any stretch marks. I swear by the stuff!
nvmof3
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nvmof3 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm

I used the same - cheap Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream and got no stretch marks with my 3 pregnancies. Like a fool I stopped using it as soon as I had had my first baby and ended up with some mild stretch marks on my boobs (now sorted with Bio oil). My advice is if you are breast feeding, keep going with the stretch mark cream on your boobs as they are going to get pretty huge some days...

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.