Next NCT Early Days Postnatal Course this Thursday 3rd Jan

1 post
NCTPostnatalCourses
Options:
Share this post on:

Next NCT Early Days Postnatal Course this Thursday 3rd Jan

Postby NCTPostnatalCourses » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:24 am

NCT Postnatal courses are well known in the NCT Clapham branch area for being the ideal first course mothers come to with their babies. We start the course with topics relevant to the "here and now", and by the end of the course move onto topics which will become important to you in the coming months. The course is very relevant for mothers with babies aged from just newborn to around 16 weeks old.

The course contains the following types of topics:

Routines (or not?), sleep, crying, changing relationships, travelling with baby, baby play and development, advice (good or bad), making informed decisions….
The course includes a whole variety of topics, and this is agreed with the group during the introductory session, so that the course becomes bespoke to your group.

Introducing solids workshop:
I run one full session of the course as an introducing solids workshop, which is an interactive workshop on learning all about weaning your baby onto solids. I include both spoon-fed and baby-led weaning as part of this workshop. We do this towards the end of the course, as many may feel they are more ready for this information as their babies get a little older.

Returning to work/staying at home and choosing childcare workshop:
Also included in the course is a session on returning to work (or not) and choosing childcare so we can consider all our options, including our rights within the law with regard to returning to work. Talking through childcare options and getting all the information and choices available is a section that mothers find very useful.

This course is unique in that many parts of it focus on you as a mum, it is discussion-based and in the case of the weaning and returning to work workshops, is backed up with up to date evidence based information. My mothers (and the babies who come along too) get a real combination of benefits from the course: meeting new friends, unbiased non-judgemental support, new information and a chance to relax in a home from home environment with a cup of tea or coffee!

If you would like to book this, click on the following link and scroll down to fill in the online form at the bottom of the page: http://www.nct.org.uk/course/16605847 Alternatively telephone Carla on 0844 243 6927 to book a space.*

I look forward to meeting you and your baby soon!

Liane Grimes

NCT Advanced Postnatal Leader Assessor

Highly Commended Postnatal Leader Award 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuxLrHlKE88

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.