Winter sun ideas with a little one....

6 posts
HighchairHostess
Share this post on:

Winter sun ideas with a little one....

Postby HighchairHostess » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 am

I know we're only a few weeks into the new year, but I'm already feeling like I need a holiday!! Anyone else feel the same??? And definitely some winter sun... Can anyone recommend a destination? Only must is guaranteed sun, we can compromise on everything else ;) Oh I guess it also has to be kid friendly - as much as I'd love to escape to a child free hotel and leave the little one with her grandma!! ;)
lovelylady
Share this post on:

Re: Winter sun ideas with a little one....

Postby lovelylady » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 pm

What about Dubai? Guaranteed sun, only 4 hours time difference and only a 6 hour flight.... plus the service you get out there is amazing, so you can have a super relaxing time knowing you'll be taken care of and the little one will have everything she needs. Most hotels have a kids club ;)
SofieW (Admin)
Share this post on:

Postby SofieW (Admin) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 am

here are some ideas from the lovely mums in Wandsworth - looks like Lanzarote is a popular choice... http://www.nappyvalleynet.com/mums/view ... 58&p=53474
luxlittleones
Share this post on:

Postby luxlittleones » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 pm

I am a mum of two and recently set up www.luxuryandlittleones.com to give parents advice on luxury child friendly hotels and holidays. Feel free to look at the website and/or email me kathryn@luxuryandlittleones.com. All of our holidays are ATOL protected.
Babyguppy
Share this post on:

Postby Babyguppy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi
I would second Dubai. We went there last April and stayed at the Hilton. Wonderful service and the staff just couldn't do enough. We had 3 young ones in tow and the Hotel made sure they were well looked after. The weather around Easter is lovely too, not too hot that the LOs get sun burnt easily and the sea is warm enough too.
The added bonus for us was we were near the Marina area and they have a wonderful pedestrianised shopping area where you can go out for walks in the evening.

HighchairHostess
Share this post on:

Postby HighchairHostess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks for all your ideas - we decided on Dubai in the end and had a really fabulous time. The hotel (http://www.jumeirah.com/Hotels-and-Reso ... eel-Saray/) was on the palm and just perfect. Everything we hoped for and more. Nothing was too much for the staff and they were so sweet & patient with our daughter. We did a couple of afternoon trips to the Aquarium and also the Dubai Mall and they were great fun and very easy to coordinate. It was the perfect time to go, rubbish weather here and 27degrees over there! Divine! I'd highly recommend it as a winter sun destination is you're still planning a getaway. Other than the little one hating sand, it was a very relaxing (& much needed) family break away. Just over far too quickly :(

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.