How many kids do you invite and how many turn up?

4 posts
carolelondon
Options:
Share this post on:

How many kids do you invite and how many turn up?

Postby carolelondon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi there,

I need some help as I'm organising my DD birthday party. She's 4 and it's the first time I'm inviting some of her friends. I was wondering: how many kids do you invite and how many kids turn up? If I want to have a 10 kids, how many shall I invite? and how do you send reminders?

Thank you so much!

Carol
BalhamMumWorkingFT
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How many kids do you invite and how many turn up?

Postby BalhamMumWorkingFT » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm

It depends...

I'd invite 10 earlish (like 6 weeks before), and then as people drop out, invite other friends..
zaza107
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby zaza107 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:42 am

My mother-in-law (and mum of four) suggests one per year, so invite four friends for a fourth birthday. She's pretty sensible, so we're following this advice so far...have fun, anyway!
mumoftwo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mumoftwo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Just had my daughter's 4th birthday party, and because she currently goes to the nursery at her older brother's school, she has a pool of 42 classmates... Since she has not yet formed firm friendships and plays with any or all of them on different days of the week, it was impossible to cut the list down without being rather arbitrary and unfair. So we invited all of them (with some trepidation!!). I sent the invitations along to nursery the Monday before the party, thinking that the late notice would keep numbers reasonable. By Wed I had 12 yes's, and by the day of the party it was 24 (plus birthday girl and brother). Was mayhem, but loads of fun and she loved it.

My husband and I are broadly thinking (hoping!) that 5th birthday is probably the last one where you have to invite the whole class. Beyond that, they've been together for a while and have formed friendships, so we're hoping we should be able to do smaller group celebrations. But if they go to a nursery and have a wide circle of classmates then before 5th it can be very hard to work out who the smaller group could be... I did try to get DD to go through the list of names with me to cut it down, but every name elicited a variation on "oh yes, we must invite Jimmy, he's my best friend!" so it was impossible!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.