Which bicycle seat?

8 posts
HighchairHostess
Options:
Share this post on:

Which bicycle seat?

Postby HighchairHostess » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm

We want to get a child seat for the bicycle. Can anyone recommend a decent one as there seems to be a lot of choice out there. Not too fussed about price, but safety has to the priority. Thanks!
Lucullus
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Which bicycle seat?

Postby Lucullus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 am

You need to tell us a bit more about age - that will really guide works for you and the child. Also, would you like the child sitting in the front or the back?

We have some co-pilot seats, and you could choose either of their versions.

Also, on my bike, we have a seat on the front which is now used by both children (2yr9m & 4yr6m): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leco-Oxford-F ... 0567458430

The latter is dirt cheap, and I can't tell you how much the children like being in front, being able to really talk to you as you ride along.

BikeBiz has a good overview: http://www.bikehub.co.uk/featured-artic ... -on-bikes/

And finally, if money were really no object, I'd get one of these: http://www.urbanarrow.com/en Comes with electric assist if you want, is actually very, very easy to use, and is safe as houses. And you'd be the talk of the town in it!
HighchairHostess
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby HighchairHostess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm

It's for my daughter who's 18months old, so I'm looking for a seat that is versatile enough that I won't have to replace it in 6 months.

I had always felt a rear seat was best but I am not sure of the pros and cons.

Price is less important than safety, but i hadnt dreamed you could spend more than a couple of hundred! The urban arrow is very neat but we have no space for it and my husband already has enough bikes!!!! (5 in the shed!) What an amazing bike though. I think my daughter would love it!

Thank you for your help and advice.
Mama et bebe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mama et bebe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi high chair hostess...,
Hope you are well.
I got a fantastic bicycle seat for my 18 month toddler from the guy at richmond cycle Center ...
He would know exactly what would suit you and also he is reasonably priced plus you get so many more years from the bicycle seat....

You could pop in or contact him 020 8332 0123 very helpfull :)
HighchairHostess
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby HighchairHostess » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Oooh thanks Mama et bebe - that's really helpful. Ive never heard of it - going to call now.... wonder if they are open over the Easter weekend?

Mama et bebe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mama et bebe » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi there ,
Yes they will be open for Easter usually from 10am pop in really nice guy and fantastic service plus prices.:) have a good one,.
HighchairHostess
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby HighchairHostess » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks Mama et Bebe for the great recommendation. I spoke to Ashley, the lovely man at Richmond Cycle centre at the weekend - and he knew exactly what we are after, what we need etc...he really knew his stuff (in comparison to the usual boy my husband spoke to in Evans). We're going along on Sunday - they are open all Easter :) to go for a little test ride. And we'll probably (if the little one likes it), just sort it all out there and then. Thanks so much!
Mama et bebe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mama et bebe » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi high chair hostess,
Oh brilliant glad you finally poke to him,really nice bloke and he does know his stuff:) made me quiet a confident rider as well knowing that my little boy was safe...great hope you and the little enjoy many days outdoors my little boy loves it hence every morning we have to go out on the bicycle.warm thoughts:)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.