FreeNursery places

4 posts
Randoll's
Options:
Share this post on:

FreeNursery places

Postby Randoll's » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Can anyone tell me where are the free nurseries in Wandsworth please.
i think they offer 15 hrs a week! Thanks in advance
ekf
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: FreeNursery places

Postby ekf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:50 pm

I might be wrong but I don't think there are free nurseries as such but rather you can use your entitlement to the free hours at Day nurseries, childminders, etc. just contact some of your local ones to see how they work.
If your child is already at nursery, for example, because you work, once they become entitled to the free hours then you should have a reduction fees.
AbbevilleMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AbbevilleMummy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 pm

You can either apply for a fully funded place at a state setting (such as a primary school) or you receive 15 hours worth of funding at a private nursery which you receive by way of a fee reduction. This wandsworth council document should give you all the info you need.

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/download/3 ... wandsworth
gail0810
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gail0810 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 am

I spoke to the council about this the other day and if you do use a private nursery or childminder (registered with the council to receive the funding) you can get up to £2280 per annum towards your fees, which I worked out to be £190 a month. But I'm not sure how many hours your child has to attend per week to get the full amount - or if that matters?

For nursery places at state settings, you apply directly to the school you are interested in, if you are looking in Wandsworth (with Merton for example you need to apply via the council rather than the school). The deadline for admissions this September was early Feb, I think.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.