Local swimming classes

6 posts
lovelylady
Options:
Share this post on:

Local swimming classes

Postby lovelylady » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Does anyone take their baby/toddler for swimming lessons at Teddington Pool? I'm thinking about signing up for the summer term, but I've heard mixed reviews... not sure what to do? Can anyone recommend anywhere else locally that organises lessons?
Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Local swimming classes

Postby Teddersmum » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:50 pm

I take my 3 year old to the beginner lessons (parents sit in the balcony) which are excellent and he loves but they have to be 3 to start these. The teachers are fab and have no problem keeping them engaged. I did the baby and carer course with my younger one last year and wasn't impressed, found the teacher quite patronising so I didn't keep it up and am just taking her myself for now.
SofieW (Admin)
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SofieW (Admin) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi lovelylady - a company called Puddle Ducks (love the name!) recently posted details of their swimming classes in Petersham.
Thought it might be helpful. Here's the link.

http://www.nappyvalleynet.com/richmond/ ... 57&t=31527
HighchairHostess
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby HighchairHostess » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:08 pm

I use Water Babies - they run classes all over West London and I think have the best reputation. My little one loves it! And is also very fond of her instructor, which I think is important.
PuddleDucks SWLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby PuddleDucks SWLondon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi There,
We teach on Monday afternoon at Strathmore School in Petersham. It is a lovely warm Hydrotherapy pool so nice and toasty for little ones.

If you would like some more information and to book in for a free trial class you can contact us on 020 8546 8470 or email us on wimbledon@puddleducks.com
We look forward to hearing from you.

mrs_crumble
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrs_crumble » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 pm

I took my lo for her first swimming class today at Teddington Pool and it was a total waste of time!! So disappointing. No clear instructions, no organisation, no control… lots of sitting around in a circle and when we did swim no order. Some of the techniques were the same as another class I did with my eldest with water babies, but the way they were communicated was poor. Not once was I asked to put her under water. I was asked to try and get her to blow bubbles, but there was no method.. so i followed WB way 'XXX, Ready, Bubbles'… Could have done that much myself!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.