MOVING OUT: St Albans / Harpenden or Guildford??

3 posts
dianaSW
Share this post on:

MOVING OUT: St Albans / Harpenden or Guildford??

Postby dianaSW » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 am

Really need help ASAP! We have overgrown our London house and made a decision to move out of the area (and London) :( . We have been looking for about 2 years now and finally narrowed our search to 2 (or 3) areas: St Albans, Harpenden and Guildford. We have 3 young children, a live-in nanny (who doesn't drive), husband works in London (and hopefully I will be back at work in London soon).. I have never lived outside the big city so need life, shops and kiddie stuff around me. We also need good commute to London and good jr and sr state schools. All the above places seem to tick those boxes. House prices also seem to be very similar. We know people in St Albans / Harpenden but not really in Guildford. How do we chose which place to concentrate in??? Am I missing any other criteria? May be any of you lived in the above areas and could shed some light? We sold our house in London and need to move out in the next 6 weeks. Looks like we will end up renting for awhile but would love to rent in the area we will eventually buy. Please help!! :roll:
emsken
Share this post on:

Re: MOVING OUT: St Albans / Harpenden or Guildford??

Postby emsken » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Check out www.lifeafterlondon.com (or co.uk!)... Really useful website. X
dianaSW
Share this post on:

Re: MOVING OUT: St Albans / Harpenden or Guildford??

Postby dianaSW » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 am

many thanks! using it now!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.