SATS

3 posts
Charlie
Options:
Share this post on:

SATS

Postby Charlie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi
Does anyone know if there are easy ways of comparing SAT results across the various local private schools?
Exclusive Offers
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: SATS

Postby Exclusive Offers » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 pm

I do know that not all of the local schools do SATS. Hornsby House doesn't do them for seven years olds - or it didn't this year.
SWMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: SATS

Postby SWMum » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Many of the private primaries/preps don't do them at all and I'm sure it won't be too long now before they're abandoned altogether. To be honest, though, even if you choose a state primary I really don't think SATS mean that much anymore - so many children have 'off-days' that they become meaningless and the secondaries are aware of this. In my opinion, the most important thing you need to look at when you're choosing a primary school (apart from proximity to home, whether or not it will suit your child and will they be happy there :D ) is which secondary schools leavers go on to; ie, does it 'feed' to the best secondaries, does it offer extra tuition/guidance for entrance examinations (if you're paying fees, I would say this is a big consideration!). You need to know what percentage of children get into sought-after secondaries. Ask for a comprehensive breakdown of where leavers have gone in the last few years. 8-)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.