Am I Scrooge ?

9 posts
coldatchristmas
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Am I Scrooge ?

Postby coldatchristmas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:02 am

Not scrooge at all, it's really important to be "selfish" at that time.

They'll be lots more Christmas' in future...
coldatchristmas
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby coldatchristmas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:15 am

Ok I have justified it to myself on the basis that it's too much money to turn down.

Will call agent at 9am.

I am a gazumperer :twisted:
people peace
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby people peace » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Don't have anyone over , look after yourself & enjoy your Christmas without any stress!!!

My family love getting together at Christmas BUT all the food preparation , clearing up the mess , greasy baking trays etc etc really has put us off and for THIS year we are all going out for a 3 course Christmas dinner on Christmas day = Bliss! .. No peeling potatoes or cutting crosses into numerous sprout stalks etc etc , no washing up , just being waited on for the day with someone else doing the cooking , preparation and washing up = Worth every penny! lol :D

Honestly , don't put yourself through the stress of it all when you can simply relax and enjoy! xx
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 pm

We are hosting Christmas again for the 5th year in a row!

One of my siblings asked to bring a new partner that I have only met once & we said no as a) we don't know him, b) it's only 1 day & she can spend the rest of the Christmas & New Year break with him & c) I didn't want to have yet another person staying, to cook for, etc etc

Put yourself first :)
TXmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TXmum » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:43 pm

We stayed in London rather than travel abroad to go home the year I was pregnant (6 months). It was fabulous! London is so quiet over the holidays, and it was great to just spend the time relaxing with my husband without any stress. No regrets!

Stellarosas
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Stellarosas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:08 pm

take full advantage and say that you wish they could come to you but that you really are struggling with the pregnancy and wouldn't it be better if you went to them after the birth when you feel up to it ...plus they will fuss over baby and hopefully pamper you....
Its bad enough entertaining in regular circumstances ...you and baby come first!! Happy Christmas and don't look back

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.