Help needed - Web Design question and service?

3 posts
NorthcoteNanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Help needed - Web Design question and service?

Postby NorthcoteNanny » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi there,

I am in need of some help with regards to a new website I have for my business. It was designed nearly a year ago by a web design company who now host it for me, however I would like to make some significant changes for which they are charging me a small fortune. I have recently made a fairly good website on Wix.com, and wondered if there was anyone out there who could give me some advice as to how I can get a free website to appear in google as well as my other website, and if there is anyone that does this for me (is it even possible with a "free" built website)...

Any help or anyone who knows the subject...really appreciated!!!!
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help needed - Web Design question and service?

Postby monaco » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:16 pm

For appearing on Google, I would suggest that you create an account with the Google Webmaster Tool and follow the various steps listed there.

Bear in mind though that this will only help Google index your site. It won't guarantee that your site will appear in the top of the search results for a specific keyword. This happens when you have a Search Engine Optimisation in place, which include generating social media comments, cross-linking to other sites, other sites linking to you, optimising your web copy with the right keywords etc...

But in any case, doing the first of the point above should help you as a starting point.
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com
oldschoolclub
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help needed - Web Design question and service?

Postby oldschoolclub » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi, as monaco says appearing in Google searches is free but you need to work very hard to get your keywords, links, social media cross-links, etc right. Appearing on the first page of Google search is not easy and you need to do many tests to find out what works for your website/s.
Regarding the service, I have created and maintained my own website, blog and e-shop (I used to work on IT) for a while now and I provide support to a network of people setting up or trying to set up their own businesses. I am planning to run a series of affordable workshops about websites, social media, blogs, etc, plain and simple for everyone. If you would like to attend the workshops or to have a one to one consultation, please let me know. I will be happy to help.
Regards,
Inma.

The Old School Club
http://www.theoldschoolclub.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.