Confused on formula choices - Help!

4 posts
isababy
Options:
Share this post on:

Confused on formula choices - Help!

Postby isababy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:02 am

My 8 month old little boy is refusing to eat solids. Should he be on No.3 formula milk, which is suppose to complement weaning or keep him on No. 1 milk until he starts taking solids? Any advice please!
mrs_pavlova
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Confused on formula choices - Help!

Postby mrs_pavlova » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:37 am

Hi there

It's a tricky one but I would say that you need to look at why he's refusing solids (at 8 months he'll need to be getting used to some solids in addition to milk) and move him on to number 3.

There is lots of advice here on old threads that might help you with his refusal of solids, but it could be as simple as him having too much milk and not being hungry enough for solids. If you keep him on number 1 formula you may feel less motivated to press on with solids.

Maybe I'm wrong but that would be my instinct. Good luck x
isababy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby isababy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 am

Hi
Yes, it's a minefield! I offer solids every day, a little while after his milk. But he hates anything from a spoon & just mushes up anything I put in his hands. It's more a concern that he's getting hungry at night.. He is now waking every 3-4hrs from his last feed at 7.30pm, whereas at 5/6 months he was sleeping until 5am ish. Not sure if no.3 formula might help with this??
Bee@lifeafterlondon
Share this post on:

Postby Bee@lifeafterlondon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:56 pm

just saw your post and thought you might appreciate knowing about Baby Led Weaning. He may be that he isn't a fan of the spoon thing and he'd prefer to do it himself. There is a great book about it and it worked a treat with my third. Just a thought that might help!
Good luck

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.