Nightingale 2 vs Kindergarten Crescent 3

4 posts
ngulra
Options:
Share this post on:

Nightingale 2 vs Kindergarten Crescent 3

Postby ngulra » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi,

I am looking for some help choosing between these two nurseries. I can't find much information on Kindergarten Crescent 3 but I heard it was rated Outstanding. Is it run Montessori-style? I visited Nightingale 2 and found it quite a calm and happy place but would appreciate any other insights into it, as well as any comparisons that can be made between the two of them. I have a 2 year old i am hoping to enroll shortly and live in the hyde farm estate area.

Many thanks!

N
nanny_kitty
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nightingale 2 vs Kindergarten Crescent 3

Postby nanny_kitty » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi,

I recently did my Montessori nursery placement at Nightingale 2. Having always been a nanny and not having much experience with nurseries I have to say I was very impressed with their attitude. They treat all the children as individuals and as I am biased towards the Montessori approach it is run very well (exactly as I was expecting from my textbooks). Which is more than I can say about other nurseries I did placements at who profess to be Montessori but are most definitely not.

Children are carefully watched over, but encouraged to explore the things that interest them. Healthy snacks, outdoor play everyday, no stress or pressure. The staff and children are very happy. I would happily recommend them.

I don't have any experience of Kindergarten Crescent 3, sorry. But I am happy to chat about Nightingale 2 if you want to PM me.

Good luck :)
mrs_pavlova
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrs_pavlova » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:18 pm

I don't have experience of Crescent 3, but my two are at Crescent 2 in Tooting, which is obviously the same group - and fabulous. PM me if you'd like my views on the Kindergartens group generally. I have been extremely impressed over the past two and a half years.
Geegee007
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Geegee007 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:08 pm

I live on the Hyde Farm too and have recently reluctantly turned down a place at Crescent III having gained a place at the nursery attached to the pre-prep we are down for. I really loved Crescent III and was impressed by the headteacher (whom if I remember correctly is Montessori trained although the nursery is not a Montessori). I would highly recommend you visit. Their garden has a seperate wild wooded area where the children can get their wellies on, play in the mud and learn about the natural world - the boot rack by the back door is so sweet.
I know a couple of children who attend and are thriving.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.