Black Double Urban Mountain Buggy 2009

1 post
lfrench
Share this post on:

Black Double Urban Mountain Buggy 2009

Postby lfrench » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 pm

This is a truly fantastic buggy. Bought in 2009, brand new, from Lilliput Nursery Store in Battersea, London SW11 for our newborn twins. Brilliant, never needed the carrycots as the seats adjust to fully flat so I just bought some snuggly wraps/buggysnuggles and my tiny boys were happily snug in it all winter!

This is the last model the New Zealand owned company Urban Mountain Buggy made before being taking over by Phil & Teds in the UK. On researching the new model (to check prices), I found many reputable online stockists are not taking the new version as they just don't rate it. This model was the top rated by Which? and Mumsnet etc. for twins. It was by far the favourite amoungst Wandsworth Twins Club, although also fantastic for different age kids as the seats adjust seperately from fully flat to upright seat (and everything inbetween!).

Pushes like a dream, up kerbs, bumps, steps, all smoothly and effortlessly, even one-handed.
Adjustable handle (most UMB don't have this, it was one of the last improvements). Brilliant for Mummies and Daddies.
Oodles of room for the children (my twins even had their long lunchtime naps in them until well over one year).
Gets through standard doorways. Our house is classic Victorian and our doorway actually measures 73cm. Opened (with kids fully loaded) the buggy got through not problem (I think they technically measure it at 74cm but I guess I pushed through at a slight angle).
Rain cover fits perfectly and yet isn't claustrophic.
Really smart, lots of shopping bag space etc.
Condition.

I have really looked after this buggy and so you really can't tell its been used for just over a year.. The photos are a pretty good reflection I think. There are no stains, marks or scuffs anywhere (see foot rest panel for example). I always had liners and buggy snuggles so the seats are clean and as new. No marks or nicks at all to the handle. As I walk everywhere from home, it hasn't been squashed in and out of a car every day and thats reflected in its condition.

You are welcome to come and view the buggy first in Balham
Cash on collection only please.

Product Identifiers
Brand Mountain Buggy
Model Urban Double - Black
MPN UU2204878

Key Features
Family Line Mountain Buggy Urban
Type Standard
Number of Seats Double
Maximum Carried Weight 77 lb

Technical Features
Reclining Features Reclining Back
Folding Medium
Number of Harness Points 5-Point
Jogger Front Wheel Size 12 in.
Jogger Back Wheel Size 12 in.

Dimensions
Folded Height 41 in.
Folded Width 29 in.
Folded Depth 13 in.
Overall Weight 33 lb

Miscellaneous
Safety Features Back Wheel Brakes
Convenience Features Canopy Window, One Hand Fold, Removable Canopy
Storage Features Lower Storage Basket
Frame Material Aluminium

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.