Preparing for school

8 posts
Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Preparing for school

Postby Teddersmum » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:11 pm

My eldest is starting school in September. Having been to the introduction meeting, met his teacher and ordered the uniform it is all starting to feel very real. Someone mentioned they need to be able to dress themselves and it got be thinking if there were any other skills I should be working with him on at home over the Summer that I might not of thought of? Any advice appreciated.
Threemummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Preparing for school

Postby Threemummy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Good idea to make sure they are really good with toilet stuff, so can wipe themselves, wash their hands, flush etc. Plus as well as clothes get them shoes they find easy to take on and off themselves. Really exciting time.
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:24 am

Being able to sit still at lunch and use a knife and fork

Being able to recognise their name
Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Teddersmum » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanks all some good tips.
Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Teddersmum » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:09 pm

I hadn't thought about the PE changing bit. Yes my son can get dressed if I lay it all out but throw an inside out tshirt or balled up socks into the mix and not sure he would manage. Surely the teachers help with getting their clothes sorted? Hope your LO settles in ok Petal.

Angelsmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Angelsmum » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:31 pm

My daughter started school last year and i went through all the emotions that you are going through right now.
Rest assured your babies/kids will all manage fine. There are teaching assistants who help them especially at PE times.

one more thing that we were told was the child being able to carry their own plate of food and glass carefully

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.