Aeroplane noise ruining our home!

8 posts
Adventure Dad
Options:
Share this post on:

Aeroplane noise ruining our home!

Postby Adventure Dad » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 pm

What the heck is going on with the aeroplanes?!?!?! For some reason they are now all taking off over Teddington which means that their engines are on full throttle over our once quiet town. Vince Cable or whoever the heck is in charge, sort it out!!! It's driving us mad.... anyone else getting irritated??
simplymum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Aeroplane noise ruining our home!

Postby simplymum » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:28 pm

OMG it's ridiculous and so annoying! :evil: I was woken up by the first plane of the day at around 6.30AM.

I heard yesterday that they are testing new airplane pathways from Heathrow airport. Apparently there is a consultation process going on at the moment, but it hasn't been communicated very well.... (what a surprise). Has anyone got anymore details to share?
LinzH1981
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LinzH1981 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 am

Hi Adventure Dad

There is a new trial going on at Heathrow where they are testing new take off paths. The changes mean that instead of Teddington getting about 30 planes overhead per day, we now will experience having about 140 planes per day as they have consolidated 2/3 take of paths into 1 take off path which unfortunately goes directly over Teddington. The noise is worse at the moment due to the wind direction which means that the airport is using Easterly take offs. Have a look at www.teddingtontown.co.uk as there is a lot of information about the trial on there including what you need to do to make complaints etc. There has also been a petition set up which already has over 4000 signatures from people in the area opposing this new trial. We need to make as much noise as possible about this as local residents to ensure that this new flight path is not made permanent!!

It is just a terrible at the moment!

Tedders Mum
Nmsb
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Aircraft noise & pollution - now is the time to have yr

Postby Nmsb » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Heathrow Airport are currently trialing a new flight path over Teddington/Twickenham areas. The success or failure of trial is apparently based on the number of complaints they receive.

If you follow this link, you can read more about it.. apparently it will not only affect Teddington but will also increase noise in the surrounding areas including Twickenham and Hampton.
http://teddingtontown.co.uk/2014/09/15/ ... al-update/

We have certainly noticed an increase of noise recently, especially in the evening and early morning and would hate for this to become a norm.

If you feel you are affected in anyway by this development, then please do take a moment to state this fact by emailing to the below address

E-mail: noise_complaints@heathrow.com

When complaining you need supply your full address, postcode and telephone number. You can also contact them during office hours on Freephone 0800 344 844

Finally, it is important to email our local MP Mr. Vince Cable highlighting yr concern. In this correspondence you must include your postal address. His email is Vincent.cable.mp@parliament.uk

Please also pass this onto any friends and neighbours you feel might be interested. The more complaints the better otherwise Heathrow will assume a successful trial.
Nicnak
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nicnak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:40 pm

We are in central Teddington and have just had our house valued for a re-mortgage and the surveyor said in his official notes that he has devalued our property based on the significant plane noise!

So even for those who aren't that bothered about the noise (are you crazy!?) please sign if you care about your house price

KatAsh
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KatAsh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 am

Thank you very much for posting your post and providing information on how to make a complaint! I couldn't believe the noise levels! We have recently moved to the area and one of the reasons we chose to live in Teddington was because it was NOT in the flight path....Suffice it to say I have now written a complaint to both Heathrow and Vince Cable following the easy availability of your information posted here. Fingers crossed! Did they say to you when they were going to make a decision?
KatAsh
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KatAsh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:22 am

Thank you very much for posting your post and providing information on how to make a complaint! I couldn't believe the noise levels! We have recently moved to the area and one of the reasons we chose to live in Teddington was because it was NOT in the flight path....Suffice it to say I have now written a complaint to both Heathrow and Vince Cable following the easy availability of your information posted here. Fingers crossed! Did they say to you when they were going to make a decision?
Adventure Dad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Adventure Dad » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 am

Thank you for the information - super helpful. I'm so pleased I'm not the only one it's bothering. I have just drafted a very angry, but well constructed email to complain. Thanks again. Fingers crossed the decision makers actually listen to us and we're not drowned out by the aviation noise!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.