Alternative to The Sanctuary Spa

14 posts
abcdefg
Options:
Share this post on:

Alternative to The Sanctuary Spa

Postby abcdefg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:32 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew of an alternative to The Sanctuary spa which has now shut? I fancy a day lying by a pool reading magazines with maybe a nice massage. I know all the big hotels in town have spas but The Sanctuary (even though not very posh) seemed to provide something different ie. a day off for a worn out Mum!
Many thanks
Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Alternative to The Sanctuary Spa

Postby Pod » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi there
If you fancy somewhere local - I love Wimbledon Day Spa, especially as you don't have a long commute home and they have free parking.
They have a small spa area with whirlpool heated stone bench footspa steam sauna and ice fountain. The best thing is the snooze lounge with beds pillows soft lighting and magazines fruit and water on tap to help yourself to.
Best of all it's £18 for 3 hrs and they only let a max of 20people per session.
I go every month for a mummy break and it's perfect. They do gorgeous treatments I can highly recommend the 1 hr hot stone massage!
http://www.secure-booker.com/spalondonw ... /Home.aspx
topmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby topmama » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:29 pm

The Chewton Glen in th New Forest is great. :D
KateHelloMums
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KateHelloMums » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:11 am

Sorry to jump on this post but I was looking for the same thing last night. Preferable women only spa. Also looking to get a little extra with it - like a facial for example or a nice massage?

Pod - is the one in Wimbeldon a women only spa?
Pod wrote:Hi there
If you fancy somewhere local - I love Wimbledon Day Spa, especially as you don't have a long commute home and they have free parking.
They have a small spa area with whirlpool heated stone bench footspa steam sauna and ice fountain. The best thing is the snooze lounge with beds pillows soft lighting and magazines fruit and water on tap to help yourself to.
Best of all it's £18 for 3 hrs and they only let a max of 20people per session.
I go every month for a mummy break and it's perfect. They do gorgeous treatments I can highly recommend the 1 hr hot stone massage!
http://www.secure-booker.com/spalondonw ... /Home.aspx
Squinkle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Squinkle » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:21 am

Nirvana is incredible, particularly for a girlie day spa break. http://nirvanaspa.co.uk/

Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi Kate
Not sure the Wimbledon one has ladies sessions sorry!
If you're willing to go further afield the new aqua sana spa at Woburn is amazing and they have suites that open onto the spa two day package and one night plus bfast lunch and vouchers for dinner is £200! And you can use the facilities at centre parcs aswell and am pretty sure they do ladies only sessions too!
Beketaten
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Beketaten » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks for the Wimbledon recommendation, hadn't heard of it before and looks great, plus excellent value.
Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Pod wrote:Hi Kate
Not sure the Wimbledon one has ladies sessions sorry!
If you're willing to go further afield the new aqua sana spa at Woburn is amazing and they have suites that open onto the spa two day package and one night plus bfast lunch and vouchers for dinner is £200! And you can use the facilities at centre parcs aswell and am pretty sure they do ladies only sessions too!
And this includes a treatment aswell!
http://www.aquasana.co.uk/sanaspa/wobur ... _spa_break
KateHelloMums
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KateHelloMums » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:19 pm

Thanks Pod - it looks fantastic! I want to get it as a present for a friend and go with her, but I'm not sure if my budget would allow it - or my husband :)
But both suggestions are great - thank you again! Kate

NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Try

http://www.hotelverta.com/spa-en.html

I have been & it's amazing, I can recommend the champagne afternoon tea afterwards as well
LP73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LP73 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:30 pm

If you don't mind going outside of London I can highly recommend Pennyhill Park Spa http://www.pennyhillpark.co.uk/EXCLUSIV ... hotel.aspx the facilities are some of the best in the UK. There is so many places to relax you won't get bored, plus you can have lunch in your dressing gown.
If you fancy a sleep there is a black out room with waterbeds - totally bliss!

In London the Dorchester spa is nice also the spa at One Aldwych is lovely too both mainly used by ladies.
abcdefg
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby abcdefg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I can't believe there is a very cheap day spa in Wimbledon! An afternoon reading magazines and snoozing. Bliss.
LP73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LP73 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Please could you let us know what the spa in Wimbeldon is like?
They seem to offer a lot for not much money, is this due to the fact it is in a leisure centre??
Thanks

Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Spa London is within the building of the Wimbledon leisure centre, however it's on a separate floor with it's own entrance - nothing to do with leisure centre. Yes it's great value and worth checking out - seems my secret sanctuary in SW19 is a secret no more lol! Enjoy!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.