"Royal" Hill House Prep School "Inadequate" in all areas

4 posts
Wheresmyschool?
Options:
Share this post on:

"Royal" Hill House Prep School "Inadequate" in all areas

Postby Wheresmyschool? » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:48 am

The £14,000-a-year prep school attended by the Prince of Wales could face closure after being branded inadequate in all areas in a damning Ofsted report.

Inspectors said pupils at Hill House international junior school in west London are not safe, do not make adequate progress and school leaders do not have the capacity to secure improvements.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/p ... 00098.html
Attachments
HH.jpg
HH.jpg (36.03 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
LambsinLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: "Royal" Hill House Prep School "Inadequate" in all areas

Postby LambsinLondon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Hill House have always had an interesting and less conventional way to educate children. And that's why we, as parents and hundreds or others, have chosen the school. Remembering their school motto: A childs mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.

We have made a conscious choice as parents to engage with the ethos at Hill House and our children are clearly thriving! My son is happy, safe and being educated well which frankly all we want from a school.

At Hill House safety has always been their top priority and I know since the report they upped their game on this and have now fully complied with the latest Ofsted regulations.

BUT I also am shocked to hear of the two inadequate inspectors who came to the school after reading their credentials - do Ofsted really not have better representatives to inspect?! Its a sad day when Ofsted don't have professionals to represent them onsite.
topmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby topmama » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:38 pm

NickyL
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NickyL » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 am

I don't know this school but my experience has taught me to place very little reliance on Ofsted inspections. The nursery that my daughter attended from 5 months to 3yrs was everything I had hoped a nursery could be. The staff were warm and genuinely caring. The facilities were clean and safe with plenty of space to run around and fun things to do. They were great at finding stimulating ways of following the Early Years curriculum and they had outstanding reviews.

One day an inspector from the outsourced inspection company "Tribal" did an inspection, failed to properly apply the inspection criteria and pronounced the nursery "inadequate". It was devastating to the nursery and caused uproar amongst the parents. I could go on at length. Upon re-inspection (after much parental furore) it was pronounced "good". You don't need to look far in the news to find hundreds of complaints about the quality of Ofsted inspections so the only reliable assessment of a school is your own.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.