Belgian/new mums between The Commons?

3 posts
Mum_of_Thomas
Options:
Share this post on:

Belgian/new mums between The Commons?

Postby Mum_of_Thomas » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi everyone,

First of all: Annabel, congratulations on the website, it's really fantastic.
My husband and me only recently moved from Belgium to the UK with our 1year old son Thomas (my husband is doing a temporary job assignement here in London). We're here for only 20 months and are really hoping to make the best of our stay here in Clapham! It already seems like a very nice environment for children, but we still have to "settle in". I'd love to meet some new people!!

Therefore my question: does anyone know if there are sometimes meetings organised for (new) mums in the neighbourhood? Any Belgian mums in the neighbourbood?

Thank you!
Kind regards
Mamaluca
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Belgian/new mums between The Commons?

Postby Mamaluca » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 am

Hello. My name is Carole and I am Belgian and recently moved to the nappy valley area. I am a strange Belgian since I was raised in the US and my belgian husband was raised mostly in Rwanda. But we call Belgium home and our sons (20 months and 2 months) have the nationality.
We arrived here 8 months ago and are slowly settling in. It is not always easy for me to get out but I would be happy to meet for coffee one day if you want. Perhaps Thomas and luca would be interested in "playing" together.
Best , carole chapelier
Mum_of_Thomas
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Belgian/new mums between The Commons?

Postby Mum_of_Thomas » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Carole,

Thank you for your reply! I can imagine that it's not that easy for you to come out with your two young children, but if you have time some day, just send me an email and I would be happy to meet for coffee!
Do you speak Dutch as well? That actually was the main reason of my message: it would be nice to have a chat once in my native language, it's so much more casual :)

Grts, Charlotte

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.