Relocating to London

4 posts
Letjensing
Options:
Share this post on:

Relocating to London

Postby Letjensing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:10 am

Hi there,
My family and I are relocating to London and would like to be near the school the boys will be going to in Clapham.
As we do not know the area at all, I'm looking for some "where to live advice/recommendations".
I would appreciate any information you may wish to share with me.
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Relocating to London

Postby lemonzest » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:30 am

Hi there,

Which school will they be going to? If you'd like to be near to it, do you mean within walking distance? Are you renting/buying? Looking for a flat/house?

Thanks!
Letjensing
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Letjensing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi Lemonzest,

Going to Parkgate. Walking distance would be great but not a must. Renting initially to get a feel for the area. House preferable.

Thank you for trying to help me out.
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lemonzest » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi there,

Apologies - was waylaid by the Easter weekend.

You can't really go too far wrong with Clapham Northside or Clapham Common Westside. In saying that I am hoping that whoever is relocating you will help with rental costs(!) Great to be near school, but also near the Common for space to run the kids around. If you need transport links for work Northside might be better as you could walk to Clapham Junction or Clapham Common?

Annabel has stuck some sort of property search function thing on this site now. Look for the tab top right. Otherwise I'm sure Jonathan at Hampton's (who regularly posts), or somebody else will come along with ideas of agents to make enquiries through.

Feel free to private message/e-mail with other questions about moving to London if that's helpful.

Thanks,
lemonzest

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.