Help... Endometriosis and getting pregnant

2 posts
Vsparkles
Options:
Share this post on:

Help... Endometriosis and getting pregnant

Postby Vsparkles » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi there,
I'm wondering if any of you can help me or share any similar stories. I have endometriosis and was diagnosed at an early age (due to my mother suffering) The doctors put me on the pill with minimal breaks as i couldn't handle the pain for almost 10 years. I have had several surgeries (all which didn't help) but it came back within a year. At the start of the year my partner and I decided we would like to start thinking about trying for a family so I came off the pill at the end of Jan. We have had no luck in getting pregnant and so far very little support or help from doctors. I'm feeling very stressed, partly due to the hormones and increasing pain i am suffering most of the time and due to the fact I'm starting to worry i will never be able to conceive.

I wondered if any of you had any advice or have/are suffering the same thing, some happy ending stories perhaps to make me feel like there is hope :)

Thank you
Lilla C
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help... Endometriosis and getting pregnant

Postby Lilla C » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello.

I don't have advice but do have a happy story for you which will help you feel better I hope.

I have had endometriosis since I was 17. Many surgeries, been on the pill since I was a teenager and crippling pains every month.

I was diagnosed with stage one cervical cancer 6 years ago and had to have part of my womb removed.

I met someone almost three years ago, not planning to have a baby at all. I was told that I was not ovulating. 4 months in and I skipped my period. Exactly one week late, I found out I was pregnant :)

I think - the pressure was off a) I didn't think I could and b) I wasn't trying.

It's hard to pretend you are not trying when you are but try to take it easy.

I know it's important. But if you let it consume you and don't relax then u will end up stressed.

Easier said than done I know. But hang in there. Endometriosis does not get the last say :)

X

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.