Help! how can i feel less stressed, my legs are killing me?

21 posts
manila44
Options:
Share this post on:

Help! how can i feel less stressed, my legs are killing me?

Postby manila44 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi
i am just new to this social so i don't know if this is the right place to ask for advice, i would like to know if there is something i can do to relieve the stress i have from working + kids, also my legs are killing me!

i am open to all sorts of advice!

mealsonwheels
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help! how can i feel less stressed, my legs are killing

Postby mealsonwheels » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:26 am

I have been wearing converse trainers all summer and realised my feet were literally cracked and sore from all the walking with buggy on pavements.
I went to footlocker at cj and bought a pair of Nike trainers with the air bubble in the sole, and they have revolutionised my walking. I hadn't factored in how much stress the pavements have on our legs, which travels all the way up to our
backs and hips. The Nike trainers cushion this stress and now I am bouncing around and so comfortable. I also bought a foot cream from boots and now my feet are back to new.

I know this sounds random but as you said your legs hurt, I would really invest in a good pair of trainers, and then that solves the problem of your legs at least. Hope that helps!
become
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby become » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:29 pm

hi,
i know what you mean , i am as-well stressed and my legs feels tired , i have tried many things and still trying to discover new ways to feel less stressed.
i had recently tried the Hydro-bike in Hydrofit on the Northcote road and with my surprise i got rid of the stress i usually accumulate during the day, don't know how but the water relaxed me so much, they have a very funky machine, it's like a tub with hydrojets and my legs feels amazing now! my circulation is very poor so i gave it a try and literally i felt like i didn't work 8 hours that day at all ! it is a very good exercise too! you could do that to try and see if it helps to take off all the stress you have ! anyway very good for the legs!

have a nice day
manila44
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby manila44 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:59 pm

hello mealsonwheels ,

thanks for your advice i have seen the Nike air for sometimes now, are those the one you are talking about? and i was wondering if they are any good, i think i am very keen on trying them out!!

thanks
manila44
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby manila44 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:05 pm

hi become

Hydrofit i am checking it out on internet and found the website! so you bike underwater, looks fun too.
it looks very nice and they also have massage available .

i think it is a very good concept and the water i hope will help with my mental stress like it did for you !

i will keep you posted on how i feel after i do it, finger crossed i get some benefits.

thanks a lot keep posting any advice you have i very much appreciate !!

Louisa22
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Louisa22 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:11 pm

hi
Last year I came regularly to hydrofit chelsea and I loved it!
I would feel renewed when i would come out. My cellulite visibly diminished, and i lost weight. I've just discovered that they've opened one in Battersea, I'm going to have to try it!
audrey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby audrey » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:28 pm

Very suspicious posts by both Become and Louisa advertising the services of Hydrofit in response to the initial post which just "happens to" ask for stress-relieving leg exercise. The nearby thread is again related to Hydrofit. How all very conveniently!
I don't have anything against Hydrofit but I hate being taken for a fool - if you work for the company, say so rather than posting here in disguise.
manila44
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby manila44 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:48 pm

i don't know if they work for the company Hydrofit or Converse or Nike ,
I have also have not created this topic to upset anyone, it's only a chat.
so please don't take it personal , i am not only looking for exercising my legs in particular but to help the feeling of heavy legs and sluggish circulation and stress. maybe a gp or a private clinic patient or anyone else might have something to say that i am not aware of, everyone is welcome to participate :D

thanks for all your tips
have a nice day.
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Keep well hydrated, drinking it not cycling in it, pop an anti-inflammatory and try to get the significant other that it's time for a massage for you. Good luck!

manila44
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby manila44 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:34 am

hi juliantenniscoach,
thanks for your advice,

i really think i have to drink more , i usually forget to do it and always postpone it until i get to the point that i didn't drink enough water for the day.

it is so difficult to remember and drink water sufficiently when i am busy ,

i am probably better off setting a reminder every hour , and drink a glass

have a nice day!
AATG
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AATG » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you are feeling stressed out .. just wanted to get in touch about your legs ..!

I am writing from All about the girl, a salon on Northcote Rd, and we have recently taken delivery of the Guinot Technispa machine which has an incredible treatment for your legs called 'Soothing Leg Treatment' -this is targeted in particular for any swelling in the legs and feelings of heaviness.

Not to get too technical .. but it combines two simultaneous tissue draining actions which help to alleviate these symptoms. All the additional information is on the website http://www.allaboutthegirl.info/treatments/body/

Just thought that it might help.. but if you have any questions or would like to pop in and have a chat please call 020 7135 3577 or email Antonia@allaboutthegirl.info

Best wishes

Antonia
Medway
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Medway » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Totally put off Hydrofit by this blatant 'undercover' advertising! Concur with previous poster - just be open! Totally counterproductive to start these threads in poorly written English by Virgin posters
jimisayo
Share this post on:

Postby jimisayo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Have you tried the timer for water drinking approach yet? Or are you jus naturally able to drink more water?

Unrelated but related, I know that people with Sickle Cell Aneamia are more prone to get a pain crisis (they ache all over, especially joints) if they get hydrated. Nope, I'm not suggesting that you have sickle cell but trying to echo the tennis coach's suggesting regarding drinking water.

For what it's worth, I keep on threatening to set myself timers to stop what I'm doing and drink more. I know I don't drink nearly enough.
manila44 wrote:hi juliantenniscoach,
thanks for your advice,

i really think i have to drink more , i usually forget to do it and always postpone it until i get to the point that i didn't drink enough water for the day.

it is so difficult to remember and drink water sufficiently when i am busy ,

i am probably better off setting a reminder every hour , and drink a glass

have a nice day!

healthymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby healthymummy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:50 am

may i ask how you sleep at night?we should fall into a deep regenerative sleep ,ideally you wouldn't wake up at night,no even at 2,3or 4 to go to the loo...
Sleep detoxifies cortisol-stress hormone but you mentioned your legs are swollen-could you be producing too much oestrogen?is your diet "clean",been enough?do you have enough fibre in your diet?
also have you tried taking supplements?Magnesium is amazing!also fish oil and a probiotic!
I'm also wondering if you have a food allergy?if you do,find out what can that be?do an elimination diet,then slowly reintroduce each thing at the time and pin down if it's dairy,gluten,nuts etc that makes you unwell and stop eating that thing.
I don't think Converse make you get swollen legs,there more to that.
I would love to hear more about how you feel and see if I can help ;)
healthymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby healthymummy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:50 am

i mean "green enough"(diet)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.