Therapist after a divorce

12 posts
emsken
Options:
Share this post on:

Therapist after a divorce

Postby emsken » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:40 am

A great friend of mine has just been through the most horrid divorce from her emotionally abusive ex-husband and really needs to find some confidence and inner strength. I genuinely think she would definitely benefit from seeing a therapist of some description, but we don't know where to start! If anyone has any recommendations/suggestions, I would be hugely grateful. Many thanks
emsken
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Therapist after a divorce

Postby emsken » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Bump
StormontRoad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby StormontRoad » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Highly recommend Pam Custers in Wimbledon. 07914 411729. She is a compassionate, highly practical therapist with a great deal of experience in this area.
curly
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby curly » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:09 pm

James Mann 0207 622 8700 or 07713 168831. He is based in Clapham Common old town
kaboodle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kaboodle » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 am

There's a good private therapist based at Thurleigh Road practice

mgb
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mgb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Lorna Clay 077885 294191
J&J
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby J&J » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:06 am

May Simpkin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby May Simpkin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:27 pm

We are organising a Health & Wellness Masterclass Day in London on Saturday 30th January which might be a perfect motivator to kick start a healthier more rewarding lifestyle. In conjunction with counselling, taking responsibility for your health can be a powerful combination to move forward.

Created with YOU in mind, in just one day, our expert-led Masterclass sessions will highlight how your diet and lifestyle choices affect your health and wellbeing. You will leave invigorated and motivated, with a practical, personalised plan that will allow you to make realistic, achievable changes to kick-start a healthier lifestyle for 2016 and beyond!

For more details, please visit: http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=60 ... 9ecc19e54b

There's a great early bird offer before 15th December too.

PS You could come with her and kick start a healthier lifestyle together!
Jonathan-Plant_Guy
Share this post on:

Postby Jonathan-Plant_Guy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:30 pm

A very dear friend of the family was in the same situation and visited Jimi Sayo of Hypnotherapy Results in SW16 020 3287 2055.
As a result, she has become stronger and more confident and we would now always consider hypnotherapy as an option in future.
Hope this helps.

getitsorted
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby getitsorted » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:13 pm

The divorce guru for this common crisis is Kate Daly. Divorce counsellor and coach who founded http://www.familychangeportal.co.uk/family-change-associates/ and now the incredible online startup for divorcing couples: http://amicable.io

Even better - she is located in this Nappy Valley and is a fully recovered divorcee, as am I. I wish I had known Kate years ago. Divorce would have been so less stressful and antagonistic.

Sarah
benaldo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby benaldo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:48 pm

emsken wrote:A great friend of mine has just been through the most horrid divorce from her emotionally abusive ex-husband and really needs to find some confidence and inner strength. I genuinely think she would definitely benefit from seeing a therapist of some description, but we don't know where to start! If anyone has any recommendations/suggestions, I would be hugely grateful. Many thanks
The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) is a membership organisation and a registered charity that sets standards for therapeutic practice and provides information for therapists, clients of therapy, and the general public.

They have this 'find a therapist' tool on their website: http://www.itsgoodtotalk.org.uk/therapists/

Good luck.x
actuallyadad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby actuallyadad » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:55 pm

North & South Wines in Broomwood Road is enormously helpful :o

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.