Holy Ghost catchment area

4 posts
jojelly
Share this post on:

Holy Ghost catchment area

Postby jojelly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Does anyone know which roads are in the catchment area for Holy ghost school in Balham? Also, living Granard Road, Hendrick Avenue - any idea which school is in the catchment area as Belleville and Honeywell are too far? Thanks
skeraf
Share this post on:

Re: Holy Ghost catchment area

Postby skeraf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:16 pm

To answer your first question, Holy Ghost doesn't have a fixed catchment area. Whether a child from any given street gets a place will depend on how many siblings are in a particular year and then how close the remaining "non-sibling" children live.

Both factors can lead to large variations in where the children entering Reception come from. This is true of most Wandsworth primary schools but the variation is exacerbated by the requirement to be a practising Catholic, ie not every nearby household will be Catholic and so get into Category 2.

I think, but don't rely absolutely on this, that the furthest non-sibling in last year's Reception Class came from the far end of Gosberton Road, whereas the year before children from Clapham Common Westside got in. In short, to be pretty sure of getting a place, assuming you meet the "practising Catholic" requirement, you have to live as close to the school as possible. You might get in from Hendrick and Granard but, given recent years, it's far from likely (at least, in the first wave of offers).

I hope that's of some help.
Lucy
Share this post on:

Postby Lucy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Wow, practicing Catholic and a sibling policy, does that mean that when one gets in the next ten get in as well? :lol:

Sorry, I hope no-one is offended by that but I thought it pretty funny, maybe its just me :oops:
Talkman
Share this post on:

Postby Talkman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:31 am

:lol:

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.