How do I get rid of mummy tummy?

58 posts
ckwmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How do I get rid of mummy tummy?

Postby ckwmum » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:15 pm

This is brilliant, so glad the word is getting out about Susan. If anyone is even thinking vaguely about trying it, do give her a call.

It's quite rare to see such high praise for anyone here (that's 100% genuine, shall we say) and it's precisely what a forum like this is for - people who are genuinely brilliant getting the praise they deserve.

I'm a tiny bit worried she'll get oversubscribed and have no time for me now!
CornishMummyinLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CornishMummyinLondon » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:59 pm

I am using Susan too following the recommendation on here, and I think she is fantastic. She is great company, and is making a huge difference to my posture and general well being. Thanks for the tip!
Jetsettingbaby
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jetsettingbaby » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:20 pm

I seemed to slim down after about 10 months after having my son, my hips and ribs went back in but my tummy didnt really. so i bought a dvd tracey anderson post pregnancy `dvd. she trained Gwyenth Paltrow and Gisele and a whole host of other celebrities. you can use it at home while your baby sleeps. I cant afford pilates unfortunately but I did see a big difference after doing the dvd.
cosmopolitanmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby cosmopolitanmum » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi, i know this is an old topic but i wanted to post about Susan Lewis, a pilates instructor. I found her through nappy valley.net. She has been working with me since I was pregnant and I have had amazing results. She has developed her own method and basically to cut a long story short - i now have my flat tummy back, a much more flexible back and genreally feel much better in myself. I can now touch my toes (having never been able to before)Inever knew the problem was to do with my tight back.
anyway highly recommend her. :)
http://www.bammuk.com/about.html
GES77
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GES77 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Please can someone kindly confirm - are Susan Lewis (Bammuk) and Sue Lewis (based in Wimbledon) the same person or different?

Many thanks

kiwimummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kiwimummy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:57 pm

I am also working with Susan of Bammuk, and she's great. Highly recommend her.
CornishMummyinLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CornishMummyinLondon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:13 pm

I think those two Susan/Sue Lewis's are different. Susan Lewis from BaamUK is not from Wimbledon. She is from over near Forest Hill.
Wandle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Wandle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I asked a similar question back in January and ended up doing JanePlan as I saw an advert on this site. It was brilliant as I have finally got rid of that tyre around my waist and today I am wearing a top I swore I was never going to get back into! I am ashamed to say I do very little exercise, as I just don't have time, so I definitely need a bit of toning but the weight has come off none the less and stayed off, more importantly. I feel like the old me again. I love it. Highly recommend.
emsken
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby emsken » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

i cant stress how amazing http://www.bootcamppilates.com/ is for getting your tummy back - not in wandsworth/clapham, but i am sure there must be something similar!

Emmalo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Emmalo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 am

I don't normally post on NVN but really wanted to recommend Susan Lewis (bammuk) after seeing this topic come up again. About a year ago I read this post and following someone's recommendation got in contact with Susan. I had 10 sessions with her and cant recommend her enough! She is fab and her method works.

I am not generally one for exercise, certainly don't enjoy going to the gym(!) but Susan's sessions were enjoyable, motivating and deliver results, all in the comfort of your own home - which is so much easier to manage with a baby. My tummy is flatter, I'm more toned and flexible and I actually understand what core strength means (and feels like when you do the exercises correctly!).

Just wish I had time to continue them now I'm back at work.... :)
WV Pilates
Share this post on:

Postby WV Pilates » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:55 am

Hi,

Pilates is great for core as not only that it works on appearance but it works on the awareness what we can do in our day to day life to engage our muscles to work and tighten, improving our posture.
I do classes in Earlsfield and Wimbledon.

In Earlsfield, it is a part of Prophysiotherapy clinic offer on Tuesday and Thursday night (www.wvpilates.co.uk) and Wimbledon it is Monday, Wednesdays or Saturdays.
You are free to chose to attend any of it..so you don't have to commit to a specific day but come, whenever you have a time (absolute flexible).

Prophysiotherapy has another Pilates classes for mums where they can come with babies (another lady is doing those classes) and also classes for mums to be (I think it is in a day time).. here is the website that may help: http://prophysiotherapy.co.uk/

I have done Pilates, to keep my body working (loads of injuries) and qualified 3 years ago and I feel massive change in the body so as my "students".. it is awkward and more I do, more I feel body is in a better condition than it was when I was younger..and it is not something one expect to happen.

I also find yoga nice for stretching so very open minded. I would recommend cardio for fat burn but if there are any joint pain.. don't force it.
JT84
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JT84 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi

I realize this post is bit old but if it helps anyone anyways then it`s worth it.
I had C section then infection and unexplained drops in sugar levels. The only way to keep it up was to have a little bit of chocolate... You can imagine I couldn`t do much exercise plus "had to eat chocolate to help with sugar levels I have put on lot of weight. I did manage to shed some but with being busy at work and then busy at home I had no time or energy to left to go gym or exercise much. Friend of mine posted on a facebook her pictures before and after having beauty treatment called Slimming treatment 3RF. Normaly when I see pictures before and after 99% of cases it has been photoshoped. But this was my very good friend so I gave her call straight away and she confirmed it did work! After first session she has lost 6 cm in her waist! AND it only involved laying down while laser head is applied on belly (it felt more like warm massage)
it fills fat cells with water and then it makes it burst. After that the skin tightening head is used so no saggy skin! And you pee the burst cells out!!!
Of course you are advised to exercise and a list of healthy foods to eat is given to help the fat burning but nothing too difficult. So i went for it had two sessions first one 6 cms of my waist second one 7 cms off and result my tummy has 2 tyres instead of 3! (yes i call it my tyres lol) So i just thought I will share with you as it works on all body parts even the ones we have been given by mother nature like bigger thighs or bums etc that one just can`t seems to loose fat off. I don`t work for studio nor do i get paid to advertise I am mum that lost from my tummy and my saggy skin after c section and I want to share it with anyone who struggles like I did!

the link for the studio is here and good luck x

http://www.revolution-beauty.co.uk/

PS the lady who does it is very friendly and professional so having a treatment done for few hours passes quickly as there is always time to chat about something or just have a nap :)))

Jana
szczepam1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby szczepam1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 am

I went to bootcamp for a week and dropped a dress size. There are several around the country but I like these people the best in terms of value for money and fun (www.prestigebootcamp.com). My husband took our daughter for a weekend and the nanny did her bit during the week. My husband is a super fit marathon runner so is very sympathetic and supportive towards my goals. I did miss my daughter but the 7 days flew by and it was great to come home and fit into all my clothes.

daisydaisy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby daisydaisy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:37 pm

It's simple, free and you don't have to diet: walking! As my son would only sleep in the pram when he was tiny, I walked for hours every day. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight and size within four months after C-section. I have to add though, I am not the same 'shape' any more but hey, I have a wonderful little boy so that makes up for it.
Good luck with everything and don't beat yourself up for not being what you were before your baby- you are not 'who' you were before as you are now a mummy!
D xx
Ps he sleeps in his cot now thankfully but walking exercise has been replaced with chasing crawling boy around!
falconmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby falconmum » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:39 pm

So..all the Pilate's experts on here..for a starter like me which home DVD do u recommend? I desperately need to get some exercise for my tum but can't go out as my husband works late...so home exercise it has to be...

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.