Integrated Fridge/Freezer repair

2 posts
sj1904
Options:
Share this post on:

Integrated Fridge/Freezer repair

Postby sj1904 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:30 am

Hello! A couple of days before Christmas (and half an hour before leaving for an airport :evil: ) I noticed my fridge freezer was not functioning at all.

Its integrated and I cant get to the back of it even to pull the plug out so switched it off at the circuit board, emptied it and had to forget about it until post Christmas.

So, advice would be appreciated on the following:
1) How much approx does it cost to get someone out to look at it (considering it is integrated)?
2) Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who could review and repair?
3) Is it worth even trying to get it repaired or is the cost of someone looking at it only to tell me its shot better spent on simply ordering a new fridge/freezer?

Thank you lots in advance!
sj1904
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Integrated Fridge/Freezer repair

Postby sj1904 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am

No-one replied on this one but I thought I would add the outcome in order to prevent others suffering my experience. Without a local recommendation I went to Knowhow (Currys) who couldn't come out for a week and, despite my having made VERY clear it was an integrated fridge freezer, took one look at it and turned on their heel refusing to look at it until I had paid a third party to remove it from the casing. I spoke to AO.com who sent someone local out and it was fixed within five minutes. An electrical connection had come loose in the box behind the internal light and the unit didn't even need to be moved.

Conclusion is Knowhow are useless and lazy. AO.com were pretty cool. Hope that helps anyone in the same predicament as me.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.