Highchair Help!

3 posts
yummymummy2011
Options:
Share this post on:

Highchair Help!

Postby yummymummy2011 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:42 pm

My 22 month old is a typical boy - a real life Houdini who gets out of car seats/pram/pushchair/highchair, you name it!

Since he was 6 months old we have got through three high chairs - John Lewis East Coast Wooden Folding, Mothercare High Tea and Ikea Antilop. Each has a very different kind of harness which he manages to to get out of, making meal times a real battle, not to mention the danger he puts himself in.

He cannot sit and eat at the kitchen table on a normal chair as he isn't big enough (we also have a plastic portable H/C for travelling which he undoes too) and he can't sit still for more than five seconds, coupled with the fact that we have a stone floor which he could fall onto.

Has anyone been in a similiar situation and found a solution? I don't want to pay a fortune for a new highchair but do need to do something to relieve stress all round and make meal times less fraught!

Any ideas very gratefully received. Many thanks.
Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Highchair Help!

Postby Teddersmum » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:50 pm

It is not a highchair but my little boy also hated being strapped in to a highchair so we brought an ikea toddler chair that works with the dining table but is taller than a regular chair. He was so happy to be on a big boy chair he rarely got off and still uses it now two years on.
morgan_irine
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Highchair Help!

Postby morgan_irine » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:42 am

:o

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.