Do you use Clarins skincare products?

12 posts
mlm
Options:
Share this post on:

Do you use Clarins skincare products?

Postby mlm » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:12 pm

I've been using Aveda for 10 years and as I am overdue in replenishing some products, I was thinking of making a switch to Clarins (prompted by a wonderful deluxe facial from Lemontree - you must ask Santa for a voucher as I did last year!)

But I am a bit surprised by the long list of ingredients, many with chemical sounding names, including Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which I've read is one to watch out for.

Any comments and/or beauty tips welcomed!!
MrsAmanda
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Do you use Clarins skincare products?

Postby MrsAmanda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Sulphates are everywhere!! There are very few mainstream brands which don't use them.
I have particularly sensitive skin and find sulphates so harsh I might as well wash my face with Fairy liquid.

I've used Clarins cosmetics, but not skincare.

If you're looking for something that's sulphate-free, I recommend Liz Earle products (they have a shop just off Kings Road, are stocked in John Lewis and are on QVC). LE toiletries are sulphate free, most are vegan, and they are BUAV approved, so you know nothing's been tested on animals.
If you want to try, buying from QVC gets you a 30-day money back guarantee if you don't like or get on with the products.
Beebee100
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Beebee100 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:33 am

Hi,

I have a business that sells a fantastic skincare range based on aloe vera, fruit extracts and white tea. The products are designed to work synergistically to achieve radiant skin.

If you would like to try before you buy then I am happy to lend you the products for a few days. Contact me on bodil@soderholm.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you.
Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pod » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:38 am

I completely agree with MrsAmanda - Liz Earle is fantastic. A friend bought me the cleanse and polish with the soft cloths for christmas one year and I have never looked back - amazing results and all completely natural (cleanse and polish is akin to Eve Lom)
Not ridiculous price either - I think the cleanse and polish hot cloth kits is about £13 with the cloths inc and the moistursier is about £17.
I think that if you are concerned about chemicals and nasty things going into your skin - go for something natural that really works - gosh I sound like a sales rep for LE (I am not - just love the products!) John Lewis on Oxford St have a great range - or order online and avoid xmas shopping crowds!
mamalemon
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mamalemon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi, Dianne here from the Lemon Tree. I am so happy to
hear that you enjoyed your facial with us and hope that santa stocks
up with Lemon Tree vouchers for you again this year.
As a premier cosmetic skin care company it is Clarins priority that all ingredients are dermatogically and allergy tested prior to their formulation and manufacture. All ingredients are monitored by on-going quality controls and their safety is proven using the most reliable and up-to-date ingredients.
The ingredient that you mentioned is used as a foaming agent in selected products and is not absorbed by the skin, making it totally safe to use on the skin surface as a wash off product.
As one of your replies mentioned many wash off facial products
available on the market do feel like using fairy liquid on the skin
and combined with the harsh effects of London water are not the best
for sensitive skins. That is why Clarins have a facial wash for dry/
sensitive skin which leaves the skin feeling thoroughly cleansed but
still soft and moisturised.
I hope this helps. Please feel free to pop in and see me anytime
and I will be more than happy to go through the products with you and
we look forward to seeing you again soon for another yummy facial.

thinkstyle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby thinkstyle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Liz Earle is fab. I would also recommend Dr Hauschka, Ren, Nude and Lavere. Oh and Neil's Yard too.

The best beauty brand I've ever used is Arcona - they are very natural, and use enzymes, anti-oxidants etc to achieve results rather than putting nasties in their products. They are more expensive than many of the high street brands but I highly recommend them and if you can afford to try (or maybe put on your xmas list) then do. My skin is quite sensitive and the products make it look very healthy and got lots of compliments (even beauty therapists I was working with commented). It used to be sold exclusively in the UK through www.glowgetter.co.uk (not sure if anywhere else sells it) and you can order from their US site thought shipping is expensive. There is lots of info on the brand too. http://www.arcona.com/page/100/CTGY/ABOUT.

Hope you find something you like!
EHMorris
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby EHMorris » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Recommend Simple cleansing products - I find them very gentle and excellent value.

Choose a moisturiser with an SPF.

Clarins do an "oil to milk" type rinse of cleanser which I also love. Not foamy!
Notyetamum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Notyetamum » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 am

Another recommendation for Liz Earle!
mlm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mlm » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks everyone. LE looks fantastic. I will try to find time to pop into their shop and try a few things. they have a few offers to take advantage of.

ordinarygirl09
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ordinarygirl09 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:21 pm

I have v.v.v sensitive skin. Clarins foaming cleanser felt amazing when I used it but very shortly after my skin felt very dry. On the other hand Liz Earle has always cleansed my skin in a very gentle way. LE also have a mask called a Brightening Mask which is good too.
Independentmbs
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Independentmbs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 am

Dear Mlm,

If it's natural, plant based ingredients you're looking for then Aveda really is the best skincare brand for you.
With no parabens, petrochemicals or artificial aromas Aveda hair and skincare is not only good for your skin but also for the planet and the indigenous tribes which it supports.

If you do have sensitive skin I have a bit of an insider tip for you... right after Christmas Aveda are launching their All-sensitive cleanser and moisturizer which uses organic, anti-oxidant ingredients including jojoba oil, camomile and vitamins C and E all in 100% post consumer recycled packaging.

Visit us in salon at Independent mindbodysoul for a complimentary bespoke skincare consultation with our award winning beauty team to refresh your skincare regime.

Come and see us at 87 Balham High Road for the ultimate relaxation or at 20 Ritherdon Road if you're a mum in a hurry with little ones in tow.

Helen, Independent mindbodysoul
SJ1979
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SJ1979 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:24 pm

I have just got into Kiehls in a big way, their Acai face moisturiser is incredible as is their midnight recovery oil. Such a shame they've left Peter Jones but they're on Northcote Rd... :D

Love Liz Earle too, but have to say, Kiehls is now becoming my favourite. Kiehls products are lovely and natural too, all natural origins and paraben free.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.