Just bought a tent - now need camping tips!

2 posts
Sunnydoulahannah
Share this post on:

Just bought a tent - now need camping tips!

Postby Sunnydoulahannah » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Hey all,

Just bought hubby a tent for Christmas with all the trimmings, now I need advice on where to go from May - Aug next year bearing in mind we need to hire a car, what to pack (whats essential, whats recommended, whats not a necessity from your experiences) where to go, whats family friendly, no adventure more chill out, places where we can get a shower etc...we are aussies, even the summer here is too cold for us!!:)

Thanks
schoolgatesmum
Share this post on:

Re: Just bought a tent - now need camping tips!

Postby schoolgatesmum » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:35 pm

It depends what type of camping you're looking for - big campsites with lots of facilities or back to nature type places. If it's the latter I can really recommend Cool Camping with Kids (in fact the whole Cool Camping series is great). It's got campsites all over the UK - lots of basic ones but with great things for kids (i.e. trees to climb, campfires etc.). There's a whole section on what to take with you as well and advice on food. We've been to 2 of the sites so far and the kids have absolutely loved them. All the photos are of the kids playing and the adults sitting around the fire (with cups of tea during the day and beer at night)! If you can go with another family as well that makes it so much easier - the kids are less likely to fight and the work is shared out between the adults. Hope you have fun. My kids still talk about the camp trip we did in the summer - and we only went for 2 nights!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.