Please help! Took 2 nurofen and maybe pregnant

8 posts
lrsmum
Share this post on:

Please help! Took 2 nurofen and maybe pregnant

Postby lrsmum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Hello ladies,
I'm totally freaking out and worrying myself sick as we've just started trying for our 2nd baby and there's a chance we may have conceived over the last few days.
Stupidly, I took 2 nurofen last night for a headache and as soon as I swallowed them realised that you shouldn't take them in pregnancy. I tried to make myself sick but couldn't.
After spending several tearful hours looking online, it seems even just a small dose of ibuprofen around the time of conception can double the chances of a miscarriage and I'm terrified.
I'm so upset and annoyed with myself as I'm so mindful whilst trying to conceive about caffeine, alcohol, etc and take a Pregnacare supplement every day. This is just a stupid and careless mistake that I am scared could have serious repercussions.
I just wondered if anyone else has taken ibuprofen in very early pregnancy and what the outcome was?
Thank you
townieatheart
Share this post on:

Re: Please help! Took 2 nurofen and maybe pregnant

Postby townieatheart » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:31 pm

I don't have a definitive answer but just wanted to offer you a little reassurance. I had no idea with any of my 3 pregnancies that I had conceived before about 5 weeks and during those initial weeks ate all the 'wrong' things, drank a little too much on occasion and surrounded myself with cigarette smoke as pubs and restaurants then were still full of smokers! And I most likely took ibroprofen too.
Also when pregnant with my last child the guidelines had changed and pregnant mothers were allowed ibuprofen. I was also allowed it this time round when breastfeeding.
Please don't worry yourself too much, stress isn't good for you at anytime.
Honeymummy
Share this post on:

Postby Honeymummy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 pm

I took some medication when I was pregnant and was worried like you because of the warnings on the labels. My daughter is 1 year 1/2 and very well. If you are really worried your GP may be able to reassure you.
kewty
Share this post on:

Postby kewty » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 pm

I really wouldn't worry, I did exactly the same (2 nurofen) about a week before I found out that I was pregnant, so around the 3 / 4 week mark. I am now 10 weeks, and apart from bad morning sickness I have been fine, touch wood.

However, if you are concerned, talk to your doctor.

fingers crossed.
Kx
lrsmum
Share this post on:

Postby lrsmum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Thank you for your responses, I am a little calmer now!
Trying to resist the temptation to google anything else on the subject as it's not doing me any favours!

Best wishes to you all.
https://www.thesmartclinics.co.uk/
https://recentre-health.co.uk/womens-health-support/
https://www.flowan-health.com/
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wellbeing-guide
https://merrygoround.club/
AnaLy
Share this post on:

Postby AnaLy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Funnily enough I had this conversation today with a friend who is pregnant and taking nurofen. Apparently it is a problem in tne last trimester only and she was given it by her doctor. Wish I knew as have had horrible toothache tnat paracetamol did not touch! So don't worry too much.
Mimismum
Share this post on:

Postby Mimismum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Hey,
Please do not worry, I had pelvic girdle dysfunction whilst pregnant along with a slipped disc. I was on regular codeine and during the last few weeks the doctors had me on tramadol as well. When my hip got dislocated I was also given Morphine. I like you was completly freaking out, however without the morphine they couldn't even get me off my bed to get me to hospital! Mashallah ( thank god) my baby is perfectly healthy and is now 13 months old. I was a woman who wanted to go au natural, however circumstances where such I couldn't. So just relax do not stress and you will be fine! Just get rid of the ibroufen from your Medicine cabinet and any other medications that are a no no.
Hope that helped xoxo
lrsmum
Share this post on:

Postby lrsmum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Thank you, you've all really helped put my mind at ease.
I've cleared the bathroom cabinet and am trying not to think about it!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.