Babyroom on Webbs Road?

43 posts
claire_s
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Babyroom on Webbs Road?

Postby claire_s » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:08 pm

None of what you have just said has anything to do with the fact that i have seen the children walking the streets with no shoes on. This is not on!!

It is FREEZING OUTSIDE. I have my lot with socks and slippers on and when friends come round i let them keep shoes on. I have the heating on however they are children and it takes a second for them to get it.

How dare your staff take them out like that. One baby had just a nappy on :o SHOCKING!!

I would be more then happy to email you images of what i have seen and as a mother yourself i'm a sure that you will be shocked at the standard of your nursery when you are not there.

I have no business meeting with you. i am just giving you feedback that i would like to know if i owned baby room.
Firefly
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Firefly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Claire S
I have nothing to do with the nursery but you seem to have missed the fact the manager said the reason they were out there was because there was a real fire alarm. I understand it must have looked awful seeing kids out without shoes and but surely the right thing to do when a fire alarm goes off is to get the children outside quickly. We all know how long it takes to get toddlers dressed and ready for outdoors.

I am not trying to be contentious but you sound so angry about the event but didn't actually offer to help. If I had witnessed this going on outside my house I would have been asking if I could help, grabbed some blankets and socks before reaching for my camera. It absolutely could have been a real fire and you just stood there taking pictures!!
clapham_mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby clapham_mum » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Dear mums,

Our son has been going to BabyRoom on Webbs Road since last year. After a couple of months of settling in (he was used to be with me 5 days a week), he now really enjoys going and has made some good friends. We're no native English speakers and the staff were really dedicated in this matter: they asked me to make a list of words in our language with the translation in English, so did could better understand our son.
This morning, I dropped him of and the atmosphere was really calm: a song of the Lion King on the radio, children having breakfast together, staff chatting to each other and the children. Two children were crying, but hey, isn't that quite normal? They can have a less day, be a bit ill, be tired or just not settled yet; it doesn't mean that the nursery is not good.
As for the staff that is "desinterested": I've had no such impressions. However: isn't everyone allowed to have a bad day once and a while? Don't judge THE staff based on the attitude of one person on one day during a couple of minutes. Hat off for all people working in a nursery; I'm a mum of two and I sometimes think it's soooo hard looking after them (and I only have two of them!!)
As for the noise some people might hear when they walk by: I think it must be said that BabyRoom nursery is located next to the street, other nurseries are located more away from the street. Furthermore, the room downstairs is the one where the little babies are looked after: isn't it normal that you might hear them crying? I think it would be a little strange if they would be quiet all the time... Furthermore, the room upstairs (at the street side) is used as well (by the 2-3 year olds): to me, it's rather normal they can get a bit excited while playing together and staff sometimes needs to use a louder voice to restore the calm; this however might be misunderstood as "shouting at children"..
As for the fire "excercise": personally, I'd rather have my child having a cold because it has been outside barefoot than that it died in the fire with his shoes on...even if it would have been an excercise: isn't it just the point that everyone is evacuated as quick as possible?

To summarize, I think people shouldn't base their opinion on what they think might be going on inside a nursery. I'd advice you to go over there, have a look and decide for yourself. Go with your feeling. I've been to other nurseries which people really liked, but I just didn't have a good feeling with it. People just have other views on what they think is a "good" nursery..

Hope this helps!
Good look with your search,
x
bmit
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bmit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:45 pm

I have to say Claire S needs to stop putting stupid comments on this site. I think people need to remember that this was a real fire incident. Clearly Claire S seems to think that when a fire starts the most appropriate thing to do is to find babies and small kids shoes and socks. Do me a favour! If someone told me my kid had been caught up in a fire because they were not taken out the building quick enough once the alarm went off (i.e because the nursery was putting their socks and shoes on) I would be livid!

Yes we want our kids to be cared for in the right way and I do not want to hear that the staff are outside smoking and looking untidy. This does concern me but your posts are stupid. Be constructive instead of one of these serial moaners that when push comes to shove would rather take photos of a fire incident in a nursery than actually help!

So far my experience of this nursery has been very good. Yes the staff overall are young but that doesn't mean they don't do a great job.

Thanks
newmum77
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby newmum77 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:59 pm

My 11 month old child has been at the baby room since October last year. He absolutely LOVES the place and gets excited when he sees where we are going. I don't know exactly what happens in there every day but his reaction is enough for me to know that he is very happy there. The nursery is a bit out of our way and a place became available at a closer nursery however we turned it down as he is so settled where he is.

With regards to the fire alarm my child was there that day and may have even been the one only in a nappy however I do not mind as I would always rather that my child was safe from fire than cold.

I have always found the staff to be friendly and efficient and would recommend this nursery.
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://merrygoround.club/
Groucho
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Groucho » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:45 pm

I agree with the last posters.

The nursery looks after mainly under 3's. If the fire alarm went off the most important thing is to get the children out the building.

Claire S.. what were you doing taking photos? :o
hampvic
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby hampvic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:46 pm

My daughter is also at the Baby Room on Webb's Road and can echo what all the other parents who have a child there say. She loves it and she loves the staff who look after her. Yes its noisy but the 2 rooms on the ground floor on the road are all the young <2s so of course there will be noise and tears!

I also completely agree re the fire incident - I'd prefer them to get all the children out safely than worry about socks and shoes. Maybe next time Claire S you will think about offering to help if you really are so concerned about the children.
SunMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SunMum » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 pm

As a parent at Babyroom nursery, I have found several of these posts extremely upsetting. Comments and assumptions are being made about a place posters have no first hand experience of! My child is 3 and half and and he really enjoys his time there. He never fusses about going and indeed runs to the door when he sees it. At every drop off and pick up all of the kids seem to be happy and yes, on occasion, there have been younger children crying, but I have always looked over and seen that they're being comforted by a member of staff. There are some really warm, caring and enthusiastic staff and to me this is more important than their age. I am also happy with the new manager who has made many good changes to both the look and the day to day running of the nursery. I would never leave my son anywhere that he was unhappy and ditto all comments regarding the fire evacuation. The manager smelt smoke and with the alarms going off in each room, made the correct call to get the children out asap! It was not a drill!!
Karin1979
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Karin1979 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Clare S - why are you so bothered? It's clear your feedback is not wanted, my views of the nursery are really poor too, but to be honest my kids are not the, so I could not care less!! If others are appy then who are we to jude, Each to their own!!
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://merrygoround.club/
simoneleo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby simoneleo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:00 am

Clare S

i have read your recent posts and i am failing to understand why no-one has realised that you are either lying or just a little bitter. in your first post you wrote, "Next time I witness this I hope that I have my phone on me to take photos." However, after you received a reply from both the manager and director of Baby Room, you then wrote, "I would be more then happy to email you images of what i have seen and as a mother yourself i'm a sure that you will be shocked at the standard of your nursery when you are not there." so i'm just a little confused.

Not only will i diffenatley be booking a visit for my children to Webbs road but i will also be enrolling them. i don't understand why you are being slanderous and are trying to persecute the members of staff for doing their jobs. You mentioned you have your own children, if your house was on fire, would you tell your children to run and get their shoes???

I agree with the other people who have commented on this post, if you saw all of this happeneing, would it not be in your best intention to help? and also i do not understand, if have taken pictures of these children, hasnt anyone told you that that is a criminal offence, you are NOT allowed to take pictures of chilfdren without the consent of parents and i fail to see how you would have received this consent from your living room window
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:23 am

It is not a criminal offence to take photos of adults or children in public
simoneleo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby simoneleo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 am

In my opinion it is an offence. How would you feel is someone was taking pictures from your children from a window? If it was a random guy in the park. There would be a raised alarm so i fail to see why someone who jas no children in the nursery is allowed to be taking photos ofthem especially if they were inappropriately dressed as ahe claims.
Karin1979
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Karin1979 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 am

interesting to see that the positive posts are from people that joined especially to phrase the place ..... :D
http://www.nappyvalleynannies.co.uk
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
Firefly
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Firefly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am

Karin
Only 2 posts are from new people who have children there. There are also new user posting bad comments about the place and many in between.
Your point is?
Alison Murray
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alison Murray » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Baby Room has concluded it's internal investigation into this event and yesterday we sent our report to all of the parents of children currently registered at our Webbs Road branch.

Should any parents currently attending at any of our other nurseries wish to see a copy of the report then please e-mail sarah@babyroom.co.uk, we will be very happy to share it with you.

As a result of our report, I need to make some further comments regarding photographs. Ofsted require all nurseries in the UK to have tight procedures surrounding images of children. This is for many reasons but includes the privacy, now and in the future, of that child. None of our staff saw any photographs being taken and if they had as it was during nursery time they would have approached the person taking them and reported it to Head Office in keeping with our procedures. At Baby Room each image taken of a child is recorded and destroyed when not needed or handed back to parents; all staff are required to place their mobile phones in their locker at the start of the day and it is gross misconduct to take one into a nursery room. Therefore, if anyone does have photos please could I ask that you delete them.

Baby Room remains committed to the safety, learning and development of every child that we care for and will continue to seek to improve in any way that we can.

Alison Murray
Director
Baby Room Nurseries Ltd