interviews at Thomas'

49 posts
MGMidget
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: interviews at Thomas'

Postby MGMidget » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:39 am

If it happens I would ask them statistically what your chances are of getting in from the waiting list. Possibly in the first few weeks there's a reasonable chance as some people may decline the offer, but after that I would not hold your breath. There also tend to be some families arriving in the area who apply later with older siblings. If the older sibling gets in further up the school and there's a younger sibling applying for reception they are likely to go to the top of the waiting list, getting sibling priority!
BTCparent
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BTCparent » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm

As I think somebody mentioned previously there can be quite a lot of movement once Honeywell, Belleville etc have confirmed their places as some people will have been holding Thomas's only as insurance in case they do not get offered a place at their preferred state school. Thomas's carries on offering places off the waiting list right up until the start of the Autumn term if they become available.
Gifts for Urchins
Share this post on:

Re:waiting list at Thomas's

Postby Gifts for Urchins » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 am

From memory, Thomas's will give an indication of your child's position on the waiting list. As other people have mentioned, gender and age is a consideration so they are unable to say whether your child is at the top of the list! After my son was wait-listed, I called the Registrar (she is friendly and helpful) and was told that they were hopeful they would be able to offer him a place if we were able to wait.
Thomas's was top of our list, so I let them know that we would definitely accept a place should one become available. As a previous post mentioned, they were offered a place from the waiting list but didn't accept it. I think its good to let them know if it is your first choice.
I didn't badger them weekly (or even monthly) but I did let them know when we were overseas...just in case a place become available. If you don't respond quickly to an offer, it is then offered to the next child on the list. As it was, an offer came through when we were on holiday. That wasn't until Easter, so don't give up hope!
My son is now in year 5 and really happy there.
Gifts for Urchins sells cute gifts for children.. award winning nightwear; frothy tutus & sparkly shoes; dress-up costumes; retro kits; Science Museum games and much much more.
btcmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby btcmum » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks for your responses! Fingers crossed.
x

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.