Any views on st.thomas hospital

8 posts
roxieandmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Any views on st.thomas hospital

Postby roxieandmum » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 pm

any reviews on st.thomas' maternity wards would be great.
thank in advance
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Any views on st.thomas hospital

Postby supergirl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Both my children were born there and i could not praise highly enough.
Both during the pregnancy and the labour all midwives (women and men alike) were great.
For my first, i had to get an episiotomy which really wasno issue at all and i had an epidural. The 2 nights i spent there, there were wonderful midwives available.
For my second i had no time for one so i enjoyed the wonderful view of the parliament while cuddling my new little one. I stayed 8hrs incl the night and i got the best of time... Coming home was a shock after that looking after a newborn and a toddler after 8hrs of bliss :lol:

Good luck in your choice.
roxieandmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby roxieandmum » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

That is so reasuring to know I have had to urgently refer myself to there as I'm 40weeks + 2 days I hope I have the same plesant experience :)
AbbevilleMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AbbevilleMummy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:41 pm

I had an elective c-section there in October 2011 and loved every minute of my time there.

I was extremely well looked after before, during and after my operation and well up at the thought of how special the experience was.

The day after my op, my surgeon was so great that my scar was healing expretmely well and I was told I could go home if I wanted. However, I felt a little overwhelmed at the thought of going home to my hyperactive toddler with my newborn and so I asked if I could stay a little longer. They welcomed me with open arms and said that my bed was mine for as long as I felt I needed it.

And what a bed! Directly opposite Houses of P and Big Ben so that at night, when all the hospital lights were out, I would sit up and breast feed my baby under the glow of HoP and BB. So special.
supermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supermummy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Had excellent experience in home from home unit with first baby. No complaints. Room v clean etc. They politely suggested i might go home as there were no problems but did let me stay another night in my own room when I asked. and yes, if you can get a room with a view, it might sound trivial but i have lovely memories of my first night watching big ben the entire night!
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wellbeing-guide
https://merrygoround.club/
https://recentre-health.co.uk/womens-health-support/
https://www.flowan-health.com/
https://www.thesmartclinics.co.uk/
roxieandmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby roxieandmum » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm getting all excited with all these comments so glad people enjoyed there stay there, I had the virtual tour online and the views looks amazing :)
supermaman
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supermaman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Had a great experience as well. Was very well looked after during the pregnancy and the 2 times when I went because I was worried the baby was not moving. You get worried when it's your first and they never told me I had come for nothing but that it was right to listen to my gut instincts.
Had an amazing water birth so would have been entitled to stay in the room on my own with the views but was asked to go in the other ward with shared bedrooms because the home from home birth centre was busy and they needed it for other mums. So don't think you will 100% have the nice room for yourself with the view even with a natural birth. Saying that the stay in the other ward and sharing my room was fine. And as the others mention, try to stay a a bit longer. Coming home and being on your own with a new born for a first time mum or back to excited toddlers may be a shock so enjoy being there. Oh, and I was happily surprised by the food. ;-)
Good luck.
Sarahbabies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sarahbabies » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi I have recently booked privately with ST THomas and so far I have had a really good experience. I have had to call the unit a few times for help and they were really polite and really thorough. The views like you said are amazing and partners can stay with you at no extra cost in the private suite!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.