area around Twickenham station - nice enough to live in?

4 posts
CGlass
Options:
Share this post on:

area around Twickenham station - nice enough to live in?

Postby CGlass » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:50 am

We are not from the area but starting to try to look for a house.

Have seen something on Grimwood Road and before I make the long journey over there with a screaming baby (!) I just wondered if anyone could tell me if the road/that area is quite nice?

Not expecting palatial gold-lined pavements or anything, just wondered if it's pleasant enough in that area or whether like a lot of small towns the area quite close to the station is a bit less nice to live. Quite often tends to be lots of short-let flats etc and what we're really looking for is a place that has a more residential 'feel', young families etc...

Any advice v gratefully received!!

Also, Twickenham in general... fun place to live with a young baby...?
Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: area around Twickenham station - nice enough to live in?

Postby Teddersmum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 pm

I don't know that area but my friend lives in one of the roads near Twickenham Green and the roads round there and in Starwberry Hill are very family friendly. Most of my friend's neighbours have young children. It is a good ten / fifteen walk to the station though. Strawberry hill station is another option but has slower trains into London than Twickenham. Good luck with your search.
Mrstwickers
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mrstwickers » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi,

I live a few roads away from Grimwood and its a lovely road. It's very near the station and town centre but nice and quiet too. In catchment for both st stephens primary school and st Mary's (ofstead rated excellent) . Lots of children and a very family area. I knew no one local before I had my 2 kids , now aged 4 and 2, but we now have a fantastic social life. Lots of play groups and nurseries . Only downside is that if you're going back to work you need to book a nursery slot ASAP. I've got a friend who lives on grim wood and her house is beautiful. Its all young families. You do need to tolerate the rugby crowds on match days which is a bit of pain but they're always good natured.
Feel free to message me if you've got any more questions or need any more information and good luck with the house hunt x
yoyo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby yoyo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am

I used to live in grimwood road for 12 years with my two kids and it's fab. Very friendly neighbours, full of kids. It's a dead end road so only residential traffic and it has it's own playground. Only a couple of minutes walk from twickenham station for fast trains to Waterloo. There's a nursery right round the corner in March Road and the high street (improving slowly) is not far away. the houses are a good size, small gardens though. Go look!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.