Retrograde bleeding and conception- please help

3 posts
cosmopolitanmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Retrograde bleeding and conception- please help

Postby cosmopolitanmum » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm

My best friend is trying to conceive is getting retrograde bleeding (When retrograde menstruation occurs, some blood and tissue flow backward up the fallopian tubes instead of forward and down through the vagina.)
I wondered if anyone else has any experience of this?

My friend lost her 2nd child when he was just a few weeks old, about a year ago. She has been getting this retrogade bleeding on and off since then. She is seeing a gynaecologist and getting regular scans.

It breaks my heart to see her disappointed month after month - especially with the grief of losing her 2nd child.

If anyone has any thoughts/ experience they can share I would really appreciate it.
(ps. She has tried acupuncture but didnt like it)
cosmopolitanmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Retrograde bleeding and conception- please help

Postby cosmopolitanmum » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:16 am

Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks
lucystephens
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Retrograde bleeding and conception- please help

Postby lucystephens » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi,

It's really difficult seeing your friends struggling with fertility issues - she's lucky she can confide in you though, as so many women don't feel able to share their experiences.

Many women have retrograde menstruation (in fact some studies suggest up to 90% of women). However, in some people the tissue implants (for unknown reasons, although there are many theories postulated) and it becomes endometriosis. From what you say in your post, I think this is the condition your friend has? Endometriosis can lead to difficulties conceiving, but there are many people who do go on to have successful pregnancies. I see many women in my clinic with endometriosis and fertility problems, and treat them successfully with herbal medicine and nutritional advice. I've recently written a paper for a scientific journal on Western herbal medicine and endometriosis which is in print at the moment.

For more information about me, please see www.revaclinic.com or if your friend would like to email me more information first to see if herbal medicine would be right for her, please feel free to pass on my email address lucy@revaclinic.com

I hope this helps - it's difficult to comment on individual cases without more info!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.