Soccer tots - Not impressed!

3 posts
Karin1979
Share this post on:

Soccer tots - Not impressed!

Postby Karin1979 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi,

I took my 15 month son to soccertots this week, and was really disappointed. The teacher seemed as she had no idea what kids at that age are capable to do. He is a smart boy, but at 15 months is not aware of colours and numbers. It is a shame really, as we were really looking forward to it ... was wondering what others thought...

:?
hazel15malwood
Share this post on:

Re: Soccer tots - Not impressed!

Postby hazel15malwood » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:49 pm

We've never been to soccer tots but I'd highly recommend Little Kickers on Saturday mornings (and other times) at Broomwood Church Hall with coach Paul who's fabulous with the children. My son's been going since he was 2 though so not sure if they have classes for under 2s.
AdamSocatots
Share this post on:

Socatots Trial Classes

Postby AdamSocatots » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi,

I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your trial class with us earlier this week.

The Socatots programme is designed to develop the skills of the children over a number of weeks and months and as such the trial classes aim to demonstrate to parents a variety of aspects from the syllabus, such as colour and number recognition.

However, following this first class we have amended the content of the trial sessions to accommodate the immediate capabilities of the children rather than trying to incorporate too much from more advanced parts of the curriculum. It is hoped that a combination of a trial class pitched at this level along with an explanation of the longer term aims of the course will be more enjoyable than a class that tries to achieve too much in one hit.

I can only apologise once again and offer you the chance to come to another free session so that we can give you a better indication of what a typical class involves and how we hope to develop your son's skills over the term rather than in a single class. I promise to try the class out on my own 15 month old beforehand!

Kind regards,

Adam

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.