Moving to Switzerland

4 posts
AmyMcLean
Options:
Share this post on:

Moving to Switzerland

Postby AmyMcLean » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi there,

Can anyone help me?! I am moving to Switzerland next year and our first baby is Due in March. Can anyone talk to me about hiring a nanny in Switzerland? Where to begin!!!
MickeyMouse
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Moving to Switzerland

Postby MickeyMouse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:47 pm

You might find some info in these posts. This blog is run by an expat mum in Geneva,

http://www.genevafamilydiaries.net/expa ... itzerland/
http://www.genevafamilydiaries.net/expa ... t-lumleys/

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
BritishGoverness
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BritishGoverness » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

AmyMcLean wrote:Hi there,

Can anyone help me?! I am moving to Switzerland next year and our first baby is Due in March. Can anyone talk to me about hiring a nanny in Switzerland? Where to begin!!!
Live in or live out - would you provide accommodation ?

Try www.nanniesInc.com

^ a great international nanny agency - with offices in London, UAE and France , they place experienced professional nannies and maternity nurses worldwide including in Switzerland
MVM
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MVM » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 pm

I grew up in Zurich - can ask my friends.

I have to tell you though that Swiss society is very conservative. The general expectation is for mums to leave their jobs, which most do. very antiquated.

Growing up I don't remember a single person having a nanny. There were quite a few families with au pairs so if it's just an extra pair of hands you need you could look into that.

You also need to be aware of costs. I don't know nanny costs but an average cleaner charges 30/35 CHF/h plus taxes etc that you pay on top. You could prob use that as the bottom line of what you'd pay a nanny hourly. It'll probably be more.

There are also creches called Kinderhort. You could google those. I don't remember at what age they start. Prices are tiered according to your family income. Or at least used to be.

Good luck with the move!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.